Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A short one

Busy summer and busy last week. Here is a run down of what we've been doing. We went out to Hope where Grandpop had a camp on Hobbs Pond. Amanda and I took a great paddle last weekend across the lake, through a long marshy bog, and out to where the stream ended at a small backcountry road. We then got out of the canoe and did a bit of food exploration, where we came across these beautiful blueberry barrens; it was like being in Yorkshire, England!


A view of the camp from the shoreline. A nice deck with gates so Callum could crawl all around safely. You can see grandpop getting his tacklebox ready to go fishing. A nice, rustic "real" Maine camp. No adornments or bells or whistles.....

My little friend enjoying the nice summer weather we have been having lately. I think he has a strawberry in his mouth or something....

I took grandpop out for a few casts. I was his "guide" and paddler, and he got situation in a lawn chair we put in the boat. He had a good time and we had some good conversation. No fish were caught. But we saw lots of turtles.


My good friend and former UNH roommate Brian and his girlfriend Melissa were up in Maine for the weekend, staying on the beach. They took Bri's Harley, and they met us halfway between their hotel and our house for dinner. Callum looks good on a Harley, no?

The Goldsmith's are getting ready for our trip to the Adirondacks with Brian Smith and the Clauss's. Callum's longest car ride yet. Daddy better get the meds (for himself!! haha)
Going from Friday until next Wednesday.
Ta




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Brian has a gf? You mean he's not into guys? Really? Wouldn't have guessed that.

jared said...

haha...he's come a long way since college with his yankee candle/boys II men/valor bedspreadesque room.....

aunt june said...

I love Brian. He was so wonderful when my mom was in the hospital. I remember us playing card games with Emma in the waiting room at the hospital. Tell him Aunt June says hi. Boy, Callum looks like a natural on the bike!!!! Watch out girls ha

JR said...

Please tell me there was still at least one reference to Gay Time. This should never die.

jared said...

JR, what are you even talking about?? Who are you, even? I'm an adult now....with a son....jeesh....

Brian wouldnt let me ride the motorcycle with him.....