Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BaBanoes

Combining a visit from BaBa AND canoes. I still have to do part 2 of the visit to Mass--showing pictures from my dad and Babs....but I am waiting for Ortiz to email them to me so I can post. BUT, today was my dad's first day off in almost three days, so I am sure he just rested....

Yesterday morning, Amanda and Maira went to Hannaford, and Callum and I took to the Messalonskee Stream for an hour's paddle while the girl's bought me food. Paddling with just Callum has to be one of my favorite things in all the world (no offense Sally.....). To be with him out on the water...with no distractions....with so much to see and hear and take in....it is truly a gift. And he totally "gets" the canoeing mentality--he respects the boat, the water, the surroundings, etc. I wish we could paddle every single day....We saw two Great Blue Heron's taking off in flight. We saw two turtles dive from their sunny lily pads when they saw us. We picked water flowers. We explored an old beaver dam (and Callum asked if he could get out and go in). We went under two neat bridges (one for Rt 95...so it was a HUGE bridge and Callum loved trying out his 'echo voice' in it). Callum brought with him: A Trek Bicycles water bottle, his new airplane, and his paddle.
Later that afternoon, Callum and Amanda went to swim over at Avis's house while Maira slept and I primed the molding on the garage before we put weather stripping on. Then BaBa came over for a dinner and a visit. We BBQd up some burgers, potatoes, and summer squash. The kids loved seeing BaBa, and he loved seeing them. Looking at these pictures, I feel like BaBa looks younger when he is around Callum and Maira. He just seems to smile differently. Ya know? (I think he likes them....)

Here is Maira, as happy as ever (because it isnt time to go to bed yet). She has really been working on her DADADADADA and GA GA GA GA sounds. A funny voice!!
Everyone has an interesting individual expression. Callum looks like he is the only one who knows what is 'going on,' Maira looks like she just spit up, and BaBa looks like someone threw a snowball at his face....
While Maira was going to sleep, Callum and BaBa read several books together. Although I took this picture, I have no idea what they were doing here. I think they were singing something. And although it would take too long to explain in this blog--if you are interested in a funny story--ask me to elaborate on the "donkey" discussion between BaBa and Callum. It is a hoot.....

3 comments:

anyone in New Jersey said...

Oh wow....it is great to see Grandpop with the kids....we miss you all and look at this blog every day after we order stuff off QVC and complain about Obama.....loves.

Sally Piles said...

Jared, you're not fooling anyone! Ha ha!

Loves.

Uncle Bob said...

How is that Hope and Change working for us?

The Kids are growing up to fast. Looks like they are keeping GPop young and active.

Well I need to go back to my real job; complaining about Obama and his ilk and order B&W movies from QVC.

loves.