Friday, February 1, 2013

Games

Does anyone still play games? No....not video games or those shoot em up things #stuffoldmenwouldsay.............but I mean REAL games. I love board games and wish I played them more. Amanda and I always strive to do so, but it never materializes. Cribbage is one of my favorite things in the world. And I would love to play some chess with Amanda. I also love RISK! but, in the ten years we have been up here, have yet to find anyone with whom to play....

As a teacher I can tell you that, despite what the rest of the world thinks (that kids are all addicted to video games), a lot of kids still LOVE games. I would say that half of my kids regularly play cribbage; it is a big 'Maine' game. And of course SORRY is a huge winner with kids. As is RISK. Apples to Apples is another best seller. Along with Taboo. BY THE WAY, let me just say that Jason Ponticelli and I would like to extend an OPEN INVITATION to ANYONE in the world who thinks they can beat us (or even come CLOSE) at Taboo. We are virtually unbeatable at this game. #nuffsaid. #bringit. #youcant.

In the weather, it was 54 degrees yesterday. This is 58 degrees warmer than it was merely four days before. All our snow (it was ugly anyway) is gone. And, as I write this, we are back to 9 degrees. What a weird, weird winter. It is depressing actually. Can we get some snow??

Our weekend looks fun. Hopefully. There is a possible ice fishing trip tomorrow with Callum, me, Brad, and Mia. We also may go down to LL Crap. Callum needs new sneakers. #excitinglives. #toomanyhashtags. #ifmymomreadthis,shewouldaskwhatahashtagis. Hopefully I will get to a bar somewhere and see some Bruins.

Here are a couple of pictures. Last week at Sunday school,  Callum did a worksheet and one of the questions asked him to draw where you learn about Jesus. His response, as you can see, seems completely appropriate to me....

And then there is Callum's "train." The kid's imagination continues to amaze me. Do you see the "train" he made out of his puppet stage and chair? He has the smokestack with the "blue smoke" (party streamers)? He threw a bunch of toys and stuffed animals underneath the blanket so he could deliver them to kids a-la-Polar Express style....


No comments: