Wednesday, September 3, 2014

New Routines....


This year is all about new routines--each morning now I get a little bit of time, alone, with each of the kids. I bring Maira to Grenda's each morning, and I enjoy our ten minutes of time in the car, talking about how much the road construction sucks, and life in general. Amanda gets Callum onto the bus and then goes to work. After school, I need to get home so I can get Callum off the bus; the bus usually drops him off here at about 315 and, while I wait, I usually sit underneath our (getting more full each year) oak tree and read. Then, when he gets off the bus, he spends the first five minutes telling me how much he hates the bus, and then we go out back on the deck and discuss the day and he shows me all his 'stuff' for the day. Also, the kid eats voraciously, since he doesnt seem to eat any of his lunch at school. Weird. Below, Callum enjoys a muffin, sits with his SweetFrog, and tells me about his day.....


Amanda is kicking some serious butt training for her half marathon! Her race is coming up in about a month or so, and I am so proud of her for the way she has been sticking to her training schedule. This past Saturday she ran eight miles with some of her girlfriends--Lisa, Beth, and Alicia. Eight miles!! That is nutty and awesome. Amanda is awesome. I love it when she does her shorter (3 miles) runs...Callum often goes with her and rides his bike along Amanda as she runs....it is great....

 ,
Over the LaborDay weekend, we went out to Beth's parent's camp on Messolonskee Lake during one afternoon. A very nice, low key, mellow afternoon. The kids swam and explored and made 'fairy houses' on the point of land (the camp is in 'Campbell Cove'). Beth, her brother, and their mom played Scrabble. A good time at a beautiful spot...


And, of course, Amanda and Peg had to do some jigsaw puzzling together....they are kindred spiritssssssss......




1 comment:

Renée T. Habashy said...

Your wife is pretty awesome, and the half-marathon training is SUPER impressive! (I'm not a weird creeper, she and I went to college together!)