Tuesday, March 10, 2015

You know what really annoys me lately? Brunch. How dumb is the idea of 'brunch.' More liberal entitlement in America. You're too lazy to get up like a normal person? No problem: We'll create a whole separate freakin meal for you to have your goat-cheese-reduction-balsamic-truffle omlette for 18.95. Nothing wrong with breakfast OR lunch OR dinner. If you are a lazy hipster yuppie and have to sleep in, then have a 'late' breakfast or an 'early' lunch. Don't expect society to invent another meal for you just cuz you listen to NPR. And if brunch REALLY IS a combination of 'breakfast' and 'lunch,' then where does all the foofy-food come into play? Like, the food you cant ever find anywhere else in the globe? Very cute. Very cute. Now don't get me wrong: I love food. I love eating food. I love trying new food. But, in my experience, something that inherently goes along with brunch is 'waiting' for your food--like, a LONG time. You either have to wait for the rest of your party to 'arrive' for brunch...then you need to wait your 'turn' for brunch so you can be 'seated' for brunch. Then you have to wait for your foofy chive-infused-free-range-english-muffin to arrive (with salmon on it). Breakfast, for me, is a run. out. the. clock. operation. Get in. Get out. I have stuff to do. Just give me eggs and Scrapple. Hey, if you love brunch, then be my guest. God knows I love some weird, stupid, moronic stuff (darkness, snow, cold, cold-darkness, joy, happiness, modern things, things that offer joy,  teaching high school students, etc). Just my two cents :/

Maira reading me "YODA: A STORY OF A CAT AND HIS KITTENS" by Beth Stern (wife of the great Howard Stern). Papa and Grammie Goldsmith got this for Maira and Callum for Christmas--both kids have the book memorized....


....and then, all of the sudden, Lupine and Craphead (I mean, Cupcake) show up to read the book about cats. Cupcake sucks.. Anyone want her?

I hosted the schoolwide Winter Carnival assembly last Friday and tried to do a selfie in front of the senior section. I obviously suck at selfies like I suck at most things :/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, is that santas sleigh behind the couch?

Jared said...

yes it is--Callum made that back in December...we often forget it is there...haha