Monday, February 8, 2010

CSA

Mom and I on a "photo booth" picture

We went out to Aubuchon Hardware this afternoon and bought Callum a sled (actually, he picked it out). Our next stop was the Quarry Road Trail system, for some hiking. As usual, we saw lots of dogs and skiiers. We even saw some snow falling from the sky--which is rare for Maine this winter....
Callum really really really loved the sled for about ten minutes. Then he wanted to just walk by himself....Sometimes he pulled Cookie Monster in the sled, and sometimes he pushed the sled as Amanda pulled.
He went down some serious hills with me....I hope he continues to love the sled...I could pull it behind me while I ski!

CSA (or "sizza" as I call it) stands for "Club House Affair." My mom LOVES having crap at the clubhouse at her condo complex down in Mass, and this past weekend was a "Tastefully Simple" party we attended. Tastefully Simple is like Pampered Chef, only more stupid. Just kidding. Whereas Pampered Chef sells cooking IMPLEMENTS (like pans, knives, etc) that break and have no quality whatsoever, Tastefully Simple sells dips, relishes, and other snacky stuff. Okay. That is all I am going to write about Tastefully Simple....because each time I write the words "Tastefully" and "Simple," I find myself losing more brain cells.

So we went down on Saturday morning....and we didnt even bring our camera. We decided to do mostly video recording during this session (that's what she said). Saturday was a great time....we had some delectable snacks, caught up with some family we NEVER get to see, and even got to meet Ms Ava Jayne Ponticelli--Jay's little girl who is 1.5 years old (we had not met her yet!). Callum really worked the floor, and made four dollars in cold hard cash, as he flaunted singles out of the pocket of his Osh Koshes and collected tips....

Cape Cod Cafe pizza (the "second" best pizza in Mass...after Town Spa) was the agenda for Saturday's dinner. I got Nannie set up on Skype (God help us all) since her new computer has a webcam (God help us all), and then I endured some chewing out by said Nannie because she was convinced that I deleted Bob's Facebook account. It was probably the most painfully amusing 12 minutes I have had in months. But everything is all better, right Nannie?

On Sunday we played some more, and Callum enjoyed some Thomas The Train shows on the 368 inch flat screen TV--he was absolutely mesmerized by this. Hilarious. Then we went to Papa and Grammy Goldsmith's house to visit, open Christmas presents (Callum had not seen his grandparents since Thanksgiving, so there was still some holiday business to be done), and play with Kody--Papa's 112 pound Mane Coon Cat. That afternoon, Papa fulfilled a lifelong dream by taking his firstborn grandson to Maui. Maui, for those who dont know, is a Chinese Restaurant on Rt 28 in Brockton. Probably the best around anywhere in Mass. There is a lot of Goldsmith history there (haha...kind of) as now FOUR generations of Goldsmith men have enjoyed dining at Maui--and all of us have enjoyed the same waitress: The legendary Koran. Best waitress anywhere in the world. Plus, Maui has a water fountain. I love non-sequitirs.....

Today I took a personal day (I get two and used the first one today) since we were originally planning on coming back today. But we came back last night, late, just so we could have the "whole" day today. We enjoyed (or I enjoyed) sleeping late, lying around, and "trying" to nap. We had a great afternoon though, as you can see from the pictures above.

COLTS (still) SUCK!

8 comments:

Nannie said...

I enjoyed seeing Callum this weekend, I don't get to see him enough, and it was even better seeing him with his cousin Jackson as well, even though Jackson decided to diss us all on Saturday and take a nice long nap in the office at the clubhouse.

Callum is very smart and funny, repeats everything you tell him and we had a good time with him.

He even learned to say "ADIOS" Nannie" so that was fun.

It was a fun time at the clubhouse and we got to see all the family. We will have to do it more often.

So Jared what will be the "Theme" when you host the next party at the clubhouse.

Now I also have my webcam hooked up and am on Skye, so I got to talk to the Favry's and the Goldsmith's via video camera.

how fun was this guys.

kristin thinks I just sit here waiting for my comuter to win.

Jared, I don't understand why "CSA" means clubhouse. ???

jared said...

CSA= "Clubhouse Style Affair" and is pronounced as "sizza"

ortiz said...

We had a ball with Callum. He is sooo smart and funny. He loved Papa's ish and the 2 meows. Callum, you made Papa very proud, you did a good job at Maui's.

Jackson said...

I Was the smart one who slept at the clubhouse, that way no one bothered me. While I was in there i ran some numbers for papa bob

Anonymous said...

I would like to see a picture of the 112-lb Maine Coon cat

Anonymous said...

The 112-Pound Maine coon cat is in the middle of this picture:

http://www.chefseattle.com/images/article/244-khat-farmer.jpg

Fort of Chairs said...

THere are like 4 of those in Maine...

CC said...

It was great to see everyone on Saturday. You are right Nannie, we do need to do that more often. Callum was great with all his new Aunties. We did miss Jackson though. Jared you would be proud of your mother on facebook, chatting with 3 people at a time. You taught her well.