Tuesday, June 1, 2010

32

Franconia Ridge Trail (read below....)
The helmet Callum and Amanda bought me for my birthday.....

I turned 32 yesterday, and it was lots of fun. Interestingly, no one took pictures of ME blowing out MY birthday cake. But, nevertheless, it was a great weekend all around; Amanda and I left Callum with the grandwillards, and we went down to cousin Lauren's wedding...where we forgot our camera. After a visit with mom and Bob, and then a visit (and lunch at Fresh Catch) with Dad and Babs, we made our way back to Maine. For my birthday, I was given furlough to go on a nice bike ride around the Upper Ridge road section of Fairfield, where the elevation was pretty high and I got a fantastic view of the C-130 jet flying over Fairfield and Winslow for the Memorial Day parades. Then, I got to take a great nap with Callum, only to awake and have Jon, Kelsey, and Ba-Ba sitting in my living room, waiting for the party to begin. George made his famous burritos, and it was good to visit.

I love this time of year, both for the absolute insanity it brings...and then the sudden and forceful respite that occurs instantaneously after June 9--when my seniors graduate. This week, I am trying to correct my students' term papers (each one takes 15-20 minutes and there are 58 of them), rehearse for my concert tomorrow night at school, finish writing a graduation song, and prepare for my triathlon this coming Sunday. So busy!!

But, immediately after school gets out, I have some cool stuff ahead. First of all, the DAY school gets out, I am leaving with MET and Hargrove FROM SCHOOL to head over to the White Mts to do the Franconia Ridge trail and camp for a couple of nights. Then, the following week, Pastor Nielsen and I are camping up in Baxter State Park, and we are going to take Mt Kathadin. Amanda is "making" me go, because she thinks I need to get in the woods and get away for a while. It is like a vacation for both of us! Haha

No pictures today....I just realized I havent taken any pictures since Amanda's birthday. So, I just picked some random crap off the web. Ta....

4 comments:

Sally Piles said...

Sorry I forgot to take pictures at your birthday celebration yesterday! I hope you had a good time.
I'm glad you're going to the woods a couple of times this summer. Callum and I will hold down the fort here.

And then you'll owe me...

Loves!

Auntie KK said...

Thanks for giving us a shout on in your blog, we enjoyed seeing you too.

Ortiz said...

Hi Callum,I love you!

Michelle Sirois said...

Franconia Ridge Trail = beautiful! Well I wouldn't know that well. It was cold, rainy, and we were in a cloud when I hiked it but I've seen pictures. Also, Cathy just hiked it a week ago, and she said it was amazing!