Sunday, November 14, 2010

I put up so many walls....

Of paint, that is. Well, mostly Amanda did. Well, I did a bunch too. And then our friends Lori and Trevor helped out as well. All in a group effort. One. Big. Crappy. Week-long. Miserable. Group. Effort. I can think of few things in the world I hate more than painting. Well, maybe Margaritas. Or double standards. Or Tyra Banks. Or maybe parents at the playground. And the ACLU too. But I really dont like painting. But the results are fantastic. Amanda is to be complimented for all the hard work in stripping all the wallpaper, doing all the prepping, et al. Good things come to those who wait....(wink wink)

The dining room is called "Tribal Pottery." It has a richness to it...sometimes it has purplish hues....pink hues....sometimes brown. Very dynamic. And it reminds me of when I used to live in Mesa Verde and make little goblets with Guadalupe....


view by the wood stove.....
The living room is painted a color called "Aloe Thorn." So, at the same time, it is both sharp, crisp, yet soothing. Or something. I didnt know Aloe had thorns. And if so , are they different colors than the rest of the aloe plant? Why dont they just call the color "aloe?" Whatever. When I am in the living room now I feel like I am in a bowl of cream of celery soup. In the hottest way possible. Which is why I love knowing aloe is nearby.....

oh, oh, oh....and look at my new radio and record player on the end table!!!!

and check out callum on the couch....

Annnnnnddd......someone needs a haircut.....

5 comments:

ortiz said...

WOW, I say WOW, that looks fantastic. I guess Amanda needs to be 9 months pregnant to do all her projects. Hi Callum you cutie pie!!!!

Anonymous said...

pink blinds need to go bye bye

jared said...

oh yes. they are. amanda is making curtains. just havent gotten that far yet....

love ya anonymous....thanks for the compliments

Sally Piles said...

No kidding, Anonymous! However, they are a little more (a VERY little more) tolerable now that the walls are not pink...

You're right, Ortiz! I seem to get my best work done when I'm pregnant. Hmmm.... does that mean that after this I will do NOTHING around here?

CC said...

The rooms look great. I love your colors. Maybe cousin Kelly will travel to Maine to give Callum his haircut.