Friday, December 31, 2010

Sledding at the Fitzy's

Or, as Callum would say, the 'Patrick's.' Yesterday, we headed over to visit with Brad, Sasha, Siena, Caden, and Mia. A great time with great friends, and we had a blast. Here are some of the things we did:
1. While the kids played trains, and Siena reclined on the couch with Maira, the grownups played THEEE world's longest cribbage game--after sixty thousand interruptions and queries from the little ones, Amanda and I managed to SMOKE Brad and Sasha. Oh wait. We lost.
2. We ate roughly thirty one pounds of popcorn Sasha made in their new, movie theater style popcorn maker....popcorn kernels mixed with oil, butter, and special seasoning= YUM. Sasha even sent Callum home with a "grab bag" that he's been picking at since he got home....
3. We had delicious corn chowder and homemade bread
4. We went sledding down the driveway, and Callum had so much fun....which is great, because we thought he would still be scared of going fast down a hill (he was last winter)
5. We danced, under the glow and resonance of a disco light--to some SP4D hits; Siena and Mia have a little "dance corner" in the basement, and we were all kind of grooving to some hits....

Here are some pictures of sledding:

Here's Mia and I, while Callum looks on sadly (haha) as we sled down the packed snow. Mia was really into sledding with me, and she and Callum took turns going with me.....

WOO HOO! We were going faster than it looks. We are pretty hardcore. You should know that. Also, what a beautiful spot the Fitzy's have to call home!
After Callum and Mia got bored with sledding, they followed the patterns of Brad and Caden (who were also outside with us), who were accosting each other with snowballs and such. Naturally, I became the "target of the toddlers," as Mia and Callum ganged up on me and starting pelting me with icy nuggets. My body feels fine, but my pride and self worth are still black and blue....
Callum, in his infinite eccentricism, would not sled unless he could go "backwards" and face me as we went down the hill. Weird. And fun!
And, lucky for me, I got to watch his smile the whole time we went down the slopes.....


8 comments:

jared said...

Wow Jared, this is such an awesome blog! I love the way you share your life with us! I love the time you take out of your busy day to write this. That is awesome. YOU are awesome. I love you so much!!
sincerely,

jared

Mee Mee said...

Wow Jared, this is such an awesome blog! I love the way you share Callum's life with us! I love the time you take out of your busy day to write this. That is awesome. CALLUM is awesome. I love him so much!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jared, this is such an awesome blog! I love the way you share your life with us! I love the time you take out of your busy day to write this. That is awesome. YOU are awesome. I love you so much!!
sincerely,

wow wow jr

ORTIZ said...

DITTO

Billy Bob said...

What ORTIZ said.....

Nannie said...

OH MY STARS!!!!!!!!!

Jocko said...

When you played with the trains, did you get that sensation?

Monkey said...

Next time I sit on your lap I also want to face you. So you can see the smile on my face.