Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cliche sounding....

Meaning that I always say "It has been way too long since I have blogged....." and yada yada yada....

But it has. Lots going on in our lives. This past weekend we made our way to Mass for a visit with Nannie/Upbob and Papa/Grammie Goldsmith. It was a great visit--Callum and Maira had a fantastic time seeing their grandparents. We went down Friday night, got there around 830, and hung out for a bit before going to bed. On Saturday morning it was about 70 degrees outside--beautiful! Callum, who is RIDICULOUS for baseball, wanted to take some batting practice outside Nannie's house. Like his daddy, he is a much better pitcher than hitter. I was a pretty good pitcher....did you know that? Callum has a pretty decent arm. Seriously. Plus, I think he is left handed, which will make him more marketable as a QB at the Naval AcademyI had a great run consisting of some mile repeats; my marathon comes up at the end of June, so I am in full training mode. Callum, Nannie, and Upbob went on a date to Target while I ran, Amanda read, and Maira Beth slept. Later in the afternoon we went over to Papa's house. Here are Callum and Maira. And congrats to my dad, who is having great success with a personal goal of his! We are all rooting for you. Also, Maira is wearing my favorite pants.....
Before we went out to eat (at Fresh Catch, of course!) Callum and Maira got in a great visit with their Papa and Grammie. In fact, this was the first time Barbara met little MB. And when Papa got up to go into the kitchen, Callum and Maira completely TOOK OVER "the chair." It is akin to Archie Bunker's...which resides in the Smithsonian....
Callum, I hope you read this blog in ten or fifteen years. I hope it still exists. You are SUCH an awesome big brother...so caring and tender towards your sister. You know how to make her smile, and you can get her to giggle (even I cant do that yet, and I sired her). Sired, even!

While Maira ate, Callum completely vegged out in papa's chair. He is playing with his "ball eggs," which he STILL has not put down since Nannie bought them for him at their Target date. Basically they are Easter eggs with "ball" designs (football, basketball, etc) on them. The kid sleeps with them, looks at them, carries them around, and shares them with Maira and Lupine. Hilarious. They cost like 99 cents. That is always the way, isnt it??
And as any boy will tell you, their 'rite of passage' is driving their dad's (or Papa's) truck. Callum loved driving Papa's truck. Papa, you should give this truck to Callum when you get a new one. I will tell him, okay? Haha.
This is only part one. I will do another blog tomorrow with some more pictures--Callum with Upbob, Callum playing around with Maira, etc. It was a great visit. Maybe even the best visit we've had to Mass in a long time. We didnt get to meet up with Jackson (he had a big egg hunt and was busy) but hopefully next time the cousins will get together. We had to miss his birthday party because of a blizzard (crap!) and he still hasnt met his newest little cousin Maira Beth. A great time! Even if my mom DID yell at me for looking at a picture on the wall too long, even!

3 comments:

Nannie said...

wheres my photo,,,, OH YA!!!! u didn't take one !!!!!!!

I did have fun wtih Maira and Callum
and never yelled at Jared for looking at a photo
I did ask what he was looking at though,

Callum wants you to fill those eggs up with M&M's

and i think Maira will be eating those M&M"s really soon. she is getting so big.

thats all....

jared said...

nannie, your blog is coming tonight....i said that, even

and pics of upbob

Lynne said...

Henry, you are looking FABULOUS!!!. Keep up the good work!

Aren't Callum and Maira just the best!!!!