Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April Fools....

Are you serious? On April 1st, we had a snow day. Most of the state of Maine did, in fact. We got 14 inches of heavy, wet, slurry dumped on us. Our clothesline out back got crushed over with the weight. It was miserable. This is the second April Fools Day blizzard I can remember; in 1997 or 98, whilst working at Plymouth Rock doing homeowners insurance, we got a foot of snow on April 1. Why?

At any rate, LeRage shut the whole state house down, so Amanda was home with me. So we got to have an early spring snow day. Callum looks out on the confused landscape....And I got to use the new "Kawi" and plow. I have to say: it was a BLAST. I got some good practice with the logistics of plowing our driveway. This will come in handy next winter. Also, I tried to help neighbors: I plowed Bill's whole driveway, and I plowed the "ends" of Cindy and Dana's and Josh and Kora's. Ya know. To be nice....and get practice (and because it was a blast). I have a lot to learn about plowing--angles and winching (that's what she said) and good use of time and space. I am sure next winter we will get no snow at all....

We made BBQ pulled chicken in the crock pot. We made mashed potatoes to go along with they. Callum enjoyed every bit of his BBQ.....
And even Maira--who, we found out at the doctor's the other day, has bronchitis--managed a smile or two.....
I love winter....but COME ON!!!

1 comment:

ORTIZ said...

PLOW LOOKS LIKE IT DOES A GOOD JOB, MAIRA AND CALLUM ARE SO CUTE. MAIRA LOOKS LIKE JARED IN THAT PICTURE.