Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Callum reads "Arthur's Computer Disaster"


Callum absolutely LOVES Arthur books--do you know Arthur? He is that lovable aardvark in those books written by Mass. based Marc Brown. It is also a show on PBS. Luckily, our library has just about every Arthur book ever written (except the Christmas one....which is the one CS wants...). So, every week, we go and get as many Arthur books as we can check out at once. So far, we have read Arthur's Halloween, Arthur's vacation, Arthur goes to camp, Arthur's band, Arthur's tooth, and this one--which is his undisputed favorite. We took a longer (about 3 min.) video, but decided a minute and a half was good for the blog. The kid has this book virtually MEMORIZED, and he doesnt even let us read it to him anymore....he wants to read it himself. It is awesome to watch him. It is great to see him so excited about reading--I remember when I was younger and my mom and my dad would take Kris and I every Saturday to the Ames Free library in N. Easton....I would get like 5 books at a time and it was just great. Johnny Crockett and I were really into the "biographies" (Washington, Johnny Appleseed, Lincoln, Leu Carr, etc) and we'd eat those up. I love reading.

2 comments:

POPIE said...

GOOD JOB CALLUM!!!!!

Nanie said...

Maybe yu can read me the story next time I see you. Good job.....

You Sill Badilly.....