Sunday, February 15, 2015


This past Friday, Callum had his 100th day of school celebration. Well, I think he is well over 100 days by now, but with snow days and delays and weather being what it is, they just had it on the Friday before vacation (contrary to what many people know, we are getting pounded with snow just as much--if not more--than all the wimps in Mass....we just dont complain about night and day :/) Haha. 

The party coincided with my conference period at school, so I cruised across the bridge from Winslow to Fairfield so I could attend part of the celebration on a very cold, very windy Friday before Feb vacation. Lots going on, as there was a Valentine's day celebration for his class that day as well. We are just overjoyed and so proud of our son. We were filling out his valentines for his classes on Thursday afternoon, when, out of the blue, he just says to me "Hey Daddy, you were right by the way." Since I hardly ever hear that, I asked him what he was talking about. He says "well, back in August, you told me you just KNEW I was going to make tons of new friends...and guess what? You were right!"

Very nice. 

Here is the proud mommy and the student....



In the 'gym' of Callum's school. The primary school USED to be the high school, back in the early 20s (the 1920s). In the back, they had tables set up with goodies from Hillman's, homebaked cookies, and more. Callum's teacher is standing in the middle-ish of the picture...she is standing to the right of the lady wearing the pink sweater with her hand on her hips (the teacher's hands, not the sweater's hand...sorry....EnglishTeacherProblems...)


Callum and his buddies doing what they usually do for the camera....the boy in the stripes is his friend Tristan, and the boy with the bulldog shirt is his buddy Noah...

look at Callum's pants #........

They had different stations and activities set up around the gym to do 'things' related to the number 100. For example, color 100 balloons or stack ten groups of ten cups as fast as you can, etc. I was helping out with the station that challenged kids to do 100 different exercises....ten jumping jacks, ten pushups, ten squat jumps, etc. At one point, I had about 15 different kindergarten kids obeying my every command, almost as if I were a drill sgt...haha.

My phone takes blurry pictures when there is motion, but you get the drift...I had them doing all sorts of things. And, as you can see, Maira just kind of dances to the beat of her own drum...instead of pushups she did squats. whatevs. No biggie.


Great time. Congrats Callum.

As I write this on Sunday morning, we are getting our umpteenth 'blizzard' of the season, by the way. Although, the snow totals have unfortunately been downgraded. We were supposed to get 20 inches and now I think just 6-9. Stupid. Apparently, the storm tracked 100 miles farther to the east than they predicted. Oh nice. No biggie. And, as usual, no accountability for the weathermen. I just wonder what would happen if students of mine just performed, oh, ya know, 100 points lower on a test than I predicted...hmm....that would cause a stir huh? Would there be any accountability there?  Hmm. Just sayin, just sayin.

No comments: