Saturday, August 8, 2015


Sorry....we have been having such a blast that I havent wanted to stop and post. 

You all know that I detest everything related to summer, but I have to say that this is probably the best summer I have ever had. For the first time in a long time, I am feeling good. And I havent felt 'good' in a long time. Very blessed summer. And one of the many reasons is due to the generosity of our dear friends Tom and Katie who have been letting us use their camp in St Albans (up past Newport...beautiful farm and lake country!). A couple of weeks ago, we made our way out to Big Indian Lake for a day of fun. And the big hilight of the day, for us, was the big puppy taking his FIRST swim (with us, anyway). He walked up to his belly in the water...and he took the next three weeks to fully dry...haha

Here we are embarking on our trip up 95. The camp is about a half hour or so away. Get it? Or__so...ORSO...shut up. Contrary to what you may think, Orso LOVES going for car rides! He lies right down in the back of the volvo. He loves it. And what was really awesome was seeing all the cars passing us, their owners flashing beaming smiles and waving cuz they got a kick out of seeing a 130 pound dog in the back of an 89 Volvo station wagon....it was great!


I like to sit and relax. I run hard and bike hard and lift hard and work hard and I have begun to realize that it is okay to sit still. So I have been doing that. And loving it. And loving reading. Great porch with a great view. I love the trees on the property...


At camp we mostly hung out, read NARNIA by the water, took a kayak paddle or two, and FISHED. Maira--no lie--stood on the dock and cast and cast and cast for probably a whole hour interrupted. She didnt have a hook or bait...she just wanted to swivel and a sinker so she could "practice her fishing." Callum, meanwhile, continues to be a great caster and a very patient fisherman, although he only has this sunfish to show for it...haha

And the Quarry Road race series keeps rolling along. This pic below was before the start of the 8K--a five mile trail race which, no question, is the toughest running race I have ever run. Five miles of insane hills and terrain. It is almost unbearable. I used this race as a 'litmus test,' if you will, to see if my fitness had at all rebounded or improved. Finishing it (in a thunderstorm...with a tornado warning issued by the NWS) was an emotional moment. I can/Can't wait til the next one. And, also, check out how hot Amanda is...


No comments: