Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sibling Love

After a nice winter's eve bath, its so great to climb into warm fleece pajamas, grab your favorite Thomas the Train bath toy, and saunter up onto mom and dad's bed for some cuddle time with your sister. Right?

Like any parents, Amanda and I want Callum and Maira to be not only close brother and sister, but also close friends. Both crafting and nurturing this sort of relationship promises to pose many challenges; we look around at friends from church, students at school, etc. and we just see these amazingly solid sibling relationships. Beautiful. And, naturally, we want to figure out how people do that.

(I wish I had the photograph of Kris and I that my mom has on her bureau; it would be a neat 'companion piece' to this....she'll know what I am talking about....)
When my sister and I were little, one thing I used to love to do was smell Kristin's head. I dont know why. My parents probably thought this would lead to all types of delusional Rex Ryanish types of fetishes....but they havent. I dont think. Haha. Callum just loves to be around Maira; he seems to really care about her well being. Like a big brother should.
Are we starting to get "non" gas-induced smiles? Signs of expression? Emotion? Non-alien things? Perhaps......

Callum certainly causes us to smile all the time; maybe he is just infectious like that!

And they got their first bath together. Naturally, we took a bunch of pictures. But (as sad as it sounds) I know better than to put them on the blog. I'll get a call from Nannie 14 minutes after I post the pictures telling me to take them off. Anonymous people will call me a sicko. The terrorists will target my house. Paul LeRage will kick me out of Maine. So I will only put one. Of Callum "bathing" his sister.

Good boy.

7 comments:

aunt june said...

The cutest pictures ever!

jared said...

not as cute as Belle in that outfit she wore to Amanda's little baby shower at Gaytes over Thanksgiving.....mmmmmmmm

ORTIZ said...

LOVE THE PICTURES, MORE,MORE,MORE.

disappointed Patriots Fan said...

Love the pictures! Boy, does it look like Amanda and Jonathan (only in reverse of course) at that age! These pictures bring it all back. Remember, Amanda, when you used to push Jonathan around in your Strawberry Shortcake stroller? I still have those pictures.

jared said...

oooh...disappointed pats fan, you just OUTED youself!! You are Uncle Bob!!!

Lynne,the disappointed Pat's fan said...

It is not, Jared, it's me. Let's see, how can I prove it? My other self is Gracie, I LOVE Leon Russell and went to his concert, I just went to a concert at UMO and dinner at your house yesterday and I know, I love Jay, John, and Tim and play that game with them about marrying and you know.

Sally Piles said...

Mom, you are so funny! Yes, I remember pushing Jonathan around in my little stroller. And I also remember him falling out over at Grandmom and Grandpop's house. I guess i took a turn too fast.