Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fiber Frolic 2011

Hi. Amanda here. A couple of weeks ago Mom and I went to the Fiber Frolic at the Windsor Fairgrounds. (Why does this always happen to me - the underlines!!!) A full day of fiber - animals, yarn, spinning wheels, food - it's always a good time.

We had a great time as always. Here is our traditional picture - the self portrait. I think it came out great this year!

Jared looked at this picture and said, "Were those llamas really just walking around all day?" The answer is yes.

Okay, so Mom wants to make a certain 'shrug' to wear with her dress for Jonathan and Kelsey's wedding but she forgot the pattern on fair day. She needed Dad to look up the information for her (how much yarn, the weight, etc...) So here she is, on the phone with Dad, trying to explain WHERE the pattern was, what it looks like, etc... Meanwhile, Maira and I were checking out the rest of the fairgrounds...
Jared, this one is for you and company.

For lunch we had brick oven pizza... yum! We also had freshly squeezed lemonade. And later we shared fried dough.

And here is the little girl herself. We've got to get her started on her addiction early! As you can see she was loving it!

I think she was looking at the llamas here.

She's so pretty, if I do say so myself. And I do.

Next year it will just be Mom and I, hopefully. I loved bringing Maira, but this is a tradition that Mom and I share (for now. That's okay, right?)

7 comments:

Belle said...

Maira is so cute, I can't wait to meet her!

That brick oven pizza looks like it came directly from Trenton!

Love to you all! xoxo
Belle

jared said...

This reminds me Belle: I still havent ever had any tomato pie in NJ.....this summer perhaps? And how come you only comment on the blog when AMANDA writes it? I thought you loved me.....

ORTIZ said...

MAIRA IS SO CUTE,MAYBE WHEN SHE GETS OLDER SHE CAN FINISH MY SOCK,WAH,WAH.

ORTIZ said...

MAIRA IS SO CUTE,MAYBE WHEN SHE GETS OLDER SHE CAN FINISH MY SOCK,WAH,WAH.

Mee Mee said...

Ortiz, you are sooo funny!!!

Mee Mee said...

We did have a good time and wonderful day, didn't we? As usual! We have fun every year. It's a special day for us. We were so good too, we didn't buy too much. What's up with that? Lack of money, maybe? It certainly wasn't because of lack of anything to buy or because we didn't want to buy everything we saw! It was fun to have Maira with us on her first fiber frolic. As you said, it was a good introduction to her fiber addiction. She really seemed to enjoy herself, too - looking at the animals and interacting with all the people who paid attention to her. She was a good girl and very pleasant - so laid back. Looking forward to next year!!!!!

Sally Piles said...

Ha ha, Ortiz! You love me though!

Maira can't wait to meet her NJ family either! Maybe this summer? Belle - did you get my email???

Thanks for a great day, Mom!