Friday, June 3, 2011

Baby, can you forgive me?

Okay. Lots of rapid fire posts with lots of pictures and not a lot of text while we catch up on our lives. We want to look back at these blogs someday and see all the cool things.....or, at least the 'things' that we've done.

Last night was the big performance of "Kommon Kore," my student/faculty rock band. We get together each year and we try to throw something together for a fundraising concert. Last night, as usual, we PACKED the house. Our sound was superb...we had a pro sound guy set us up. And, if I do say so myself, we are good. It is amazing what goes on when teachers play with students and then share it for the school--is is relationships, relevance, rigor, experiential learning, and community all rolled into one nice tight musical calzone. Even. I can't say enough about it...it makes me very emotional. Our set list:

1. Someone like you-Kings of Leon
2. Forget You-Cee Lo Green
3. A Punk-Vampire Weekend
4. Heartbreak Warfare-John Mayer
Goldsmith/Walsh solo set
5. The Luckiest-Ben Folds
6. June-Adriana Walsh
7. Down-Jay Sean (feat lil wayne)
BREAK

Goldsmith/Walsh solo set pt 2
8. Highway Song-Adriana Walsh
9. As Days Go By-Jared Goldsmith
10. Friday- Rebecca Black (seriously....)
11. How far we've come-Matchbox 20
12. California Gurls-Katy Perry
13. Hey Ya-Outkast

Adri and I performing THE LUCKIEST by Ben Folds. Go youtube it. A spellbinding song. Word is that I will be performing this song at Jon and Kelsey's wedding....

I was lead vocals and keyboard....but when Adri was singing, I had a blast on bongos, conga, et al....
I had great bongo faces....
In addition to me, we had Adrian Walsh on rhythm guitar and vocals...Kari Zemrak on bass...Kody Price on drums....and good friend and teaching mentor Dr. David Lachapelle on a hot lead guitar.....
the chandelier added so much atmosphere.....and mood.....
Fantastic time....

1 comment:

Sally Piles said...

It was an awesome show! Callum wanted to play his trumpet - maybe next time. Sorry I forgot the video camera, even...