Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fireballs and catfood....

Callum is very independent lately....he likes to cook, vacuum,, and do things for himself

This time, when we werent looking, he decided he wanted to feed Lupine.....
What a great kid, huh? He meant so well...wicked cute...he was so embarrassed...

This past Saturday night, Sally and I chaperoned prom. This was the second time we have gone together....the first time being 7 years ago...in my rookie year at WHS....

To celebrate our date, I made FIREBALLS on the Weber....basically meatloaf with an attitude. A cross between a spicy meatball and a meatloaf...all wrapped in a basket weave of bacon,, of course. I smoked them on the grill for about 2 hours. I love BBQing...
Also, on the BBQ, I made some handcut "fries" which came out well!
A man, charcoal, and a cast iron skillet: It is a beautiful thing....

2 comments:

Mee Mee said...

Oh my gosh!!! This cracked me up - i couldn't stop laughing. I could just picture the whole thing in my mind. Great Job, Callum. Where are your boots?
Dinner was delicious. Those litle meat loaves had quite a smokey taste and I loved the "fries". They had a little charcoal taste.

Nannie said...

can't wait to see what you are cooking when we all come for callums birthday.

good job callum.....