Monday, November 7, 2011

Another day at the office....

I miss being on summer vacation with my kids--I cannot believe we are just about three months into the school year already. First Quarter ended just last Friday. Amanda, who is home on Mondays and Wednesdays, gets to capture a lot of great moments during the day...like when these two goons play with each other. Funny: The HAVE a playroom...but they bring all their stuff into the living room...because that is where all the action is, right? Me? I'll take the downstairs den (which, in the past few months, has become a total mess...NOT the 'piltdogs' I wrote about a few years ago--only TRUE goldsmith5 blog purists will get that reference...)
Look at Maira's little curls in the back! I think she is going to have hair just like her mommy....
I realize I haven't blogged much about Cross Country. I should do a whole post about this. This season was amazing, to say the LEAST. Now, it is over. And, although I value having some time back in my life, I miss it terribly. The kids are just so amazing and I really hate going on runs alone. Co-coach Chris and I are doing some marathon training in hopes of preparing for the Sugarloaf marathon, which is in May. We'll see how crazy the training is--and we'll see if I have the time for it! But we had a great XC banquet last week, and it was lovely; Chris and I gave out awards to all the kids with superlatives like "rookie of the year" and "never complain award" and stuff like that. The captains gave out "gag" awards like "most likley to always wear spandex" and "laziest" and "most likely to win the warmup" and stuff. All good natured. We watched a half hour slideshow (set to music) and I was given a copy of the DVD. And the kids wrote some fantastic stuff on some posters and cards for me...AND they pitched in to custom make me a Winslow XC hooded sweatshirt as well as a 'clean canteen' water bottle with the team's photo on it! I was very touched. I absolutely love this coaching gig. Okay. Back to the kids playing....
My beautiful little girl. She says hi and bye and waves. Her latest trick--as of today--is she shakes her head NO to me (get used to it daddy...). Also, she now takes things, shows them to me, and says "this??" with a sort of lisp. I tell her what "This" is, and she then tries to say the word. Usually it sounds nothing like it is supposed to. She has really taken a liking to this "car slide" thingy that I will have to show a picture of. Also, she loves trains--particularly the Thomas the Train "Sir Topham Hatt" car. I think she just wants to be like her brother.....
An afternoon serenade....

No comments: