Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Fantastic Season!

It ended a couple of weeks ago, but I really haven't gotten around to writing about it. Winslow Cross Country is amazing. What a fantastic experience. My own coaching, personal training, and running education improved dynamically. As I wrote before, our boys team made it to the State Championship, and we had two girls qualify as individuals. The race, on Oct 29, took place at Twin Brook Recreational Center, which is down in Cumberland. World famous XC Ski trails. Just as good for running. Our boosters were awesome, and always had all our WHS XC "bling" fully ready for us! Here is one of our tents at the state meet. Notice the propane tank heating the hot water for coffee, cocoa, and every team member's staple: Cup O Noodles.....

Milling around before the start of the Class B race. There were LOTS of people at this. The energy was just amazing.....
The week after the season ended, we had our banquet at the high school. Amanda and the kids came for some of it--the banquet didnt start until 630, and they kids had to leave to go to bed! An excellent night with some fantastic food. I think I mentioned before about the sweatshirt and water bottle I got. Below is an interesting photo: I SERIOUSLY think this might be one of only two (the other one is from Santa's Village) pictures of the whole Goldsmith family....in existence!! One of only two that "I" have ever seen, anyway....
Fellow coach Chris and I gave out the awards to the kids--a lighthearted and sentimental affair...
And now I have a little more time for the truly important things in life......

3 comments:

Nannie said...

Love the family photo.

Callum must be squeezing his feet I to those boots ,,,, he loves them ,,,

King of the Links said...

For your next family photo, ever consider going the whole Family Ties sketch/painting route (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/32/Familytiesopening.jpg/250px-Familytiesopening.jpg)? Also, please include Lupine.

ORTIZ said...

LOVE THAT FAMILY PICTURE,LOVE HAVE A COPY