Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Fountain, Ice, and Crazy Seniors

one thing I cannot figure out is how to write BEFORE the pictures (like I used to do with my Mac). Now I can only begin writing after the first picture. Weird. But, at any rate, above, is a picture of Callum in the background, playing in last weekend's ice storm; we had a snow day last Friday and then it ICED all night...we probably got a half inch of ice....it made walking and running and driving very interesting. A beautiful landscape though!

Last Thursday, good friends Brad, Fred, and I went to The Fountain (also known as Oak Pond Brewery). I need to do a PILTDOGS about this place. You hard core blog readers will know what I mean by PILTDOGS! Trips to The Fountain are developing into a fantastic tradition among the three of us goons, and we have taken it one step farther my incorporating Red Barn chicken baskets into the mix...this way the whole family can enjoy supper while the guys all do a tasting of their ales and such. Below, Callum,, Mia, and Caden enjoy, as Callum calls it, "The Whale Show," (a National Geographic documentary about Blue Whales) while Siena, Sasha, and Amanda give Maira her bath, and while Jared, Fred, and Brad drink White Fox and discuss ice shacks. And such.

Continuing to catch up on pics: A couple of weeks ago, I took Amanda out on a date. We just went into disgusta to Barnes and Crapples to look around and get a coffee. Students Conner (a frequent Goldsmith Facebook--when I had it--contributor ) and Elizabeth came by to watch Callum while Maira slept. These two young people are just fantastic individuals and I am so excited to see all the places they will go--I want them both back at WHS eventually to be English teachers. But whatever. He is also going to either go to Stonehill or Wheaton, so hopefully Mom will have him over for supper once a week. He will like that. And Elizabeth is off to attend whichever basketball program she chooses...she is good. Both great individuals. Both great students. And, as you can see, they pass the most difficult test of all.....a three year old's approval
By the way: They took all these while Amanda and I were out. Good times.



1 comment:

MeeMee said...

Great blog and of course, I love the pictures! By the way, the picture of Maira in the previous blog, with the snowsuit on, she looks just like Callum!