Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Drums and Forts and Nannie Packages and such

Well, I am on February vacation, and I am enjoying being home with Callum and Maira....I get to see sides of them I dont often get to see. Callum, as seen above, is really into "drumming" lately. And, if I do say so myself, he is a legit drummer. Kid can keep a beat. The two stools are his "drums," the white cooking spoons are his sticks, and the pot lid is his cymbal. He enjoys drumming to either Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain" or O.A.R.'s "The Town." Also, he uses the white spoons as batons so he can conduct to the score of "The Snowman."

Amanda got the really creative idea to build Callum a combination fort/dog house by using the couch, Callum's sleeping bag, a few blankets, and a yard stick. HUGE points for creativity, Sally! Callum is HELL BENT on sleeping the night in his "doghouse," but we just havent let him yet. He likes to go there to hang out, look at books, or hide from Maira and then beckon Maira to get him (Maira and Callum have a neverending game of CHASE going on between each other...it is hilarious). Oh, and Callum also goes there to hide from me when I "yell" at him (trust me....he hasnt heard me "yell" at him.....)
This is the dog house/fort from the outside. Thing is freakin' impregnable....Nannie had sent Callum and Maira a combination Valentine's/St Patrick's Day/Easter package with all kinds of fun treats. Both kids have been enjoying playing dressup with the bunny ears, shamrock glasses, etc.....

Callum claimed the pink ones for himself. Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
In other news, Maira is starting to put a couple of words together at a time, as in "Hi Kitty" or "Hi Baby" and stuff like that. Also, her favorite thing as of late seems to be climbing up onto Callum's bed (all by herself) and lying down/looking at books/etc. Only trouble is she cant get down on her own....high comedy....

No comments: