Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Remember last winter?

Or at least winter from a couple of years ago? These two pictures were taken in Feb of 2009. The year of a REAL Maine winter. This winter just absolutely sucks. Totally. It isnt even cold. I cant even go out and run in subzero temps just so I can come in and FB about how hardcore I am about running in subzero temps. How am I supposed to be affirmed, dammit!?? Ha Ha. But seriously, look at the snow banks behind Callum and Sally....they are INSANE. I think the biggest storm we've gotten this winter is about 7 inches or so. My plow is lonely. My snowshoes are lonely.. Callum's lack of a snowman is sad. It just sucks. What is going on?

And here is a picture of Callum from 09. Just kidding. This is Maira-Beth from the other night. She has only five teeth....kind of funny....shouldnt she have more by now? Yes. But, also, she should probably be sleeping through the night by now too. Maira, why dont you sleep like a normal human? Will you? Please? I'll buy you a pony....
Superbowl hangover: Callum style. He actually woke up on Monday morning and asked me if the Giants won. I had to tell him that the mighty Pats lost the Superbowl. No matter. Aint no thang. Football is still alive and well in this little guy's mind. No more football to watch? Season over? No Ponticelli style cable to DVR past Superbowls? No problem. No big deal at all. I'll just put in some C.Brown and rock out with my helmet.....
The other big event of the past week was the resurrection of the Goldsmith Fish Tank. We moved it down to the den in the basement. I will need to do a PILTDOGS soon, since the basement has changed so much (funny....all my creative writing students know about PILTDOGS. Funny). Callum is ENAMORED with these fish AND the fish tank. He got one (he named it Finn) and he picked one out for Maira (he named it Quincy....and hours later changed it to Annie). Finn is black and white and orange mottled, and Annie is straight up goldfish, Brooklyn style. The tank really brings out Callum's nurturing side, since he wants to feed them and check to make sure they arent sick. Also, he constantly asks if he can "hold" and "cuddle with" Finn. Funny. I guess on the ride home, he held the bag containing the fish, in his lap, and talked constantly to the little swimmers, telling them how he would take care of them, and how they will love our house, and how we have a nice cat named Lupine, etc.
Callum did his superstitious "pants off" dance for the superbowl. It didnt work. But at least we got a cute picture....

2 comments:

Siena said...

So, I thought I'd start commenting on your blog, especially since you guys commented on ours... well, Amanda did. Anyway, Callum and Maira are so cute the way they are looking at the fish tank! I hope they like their fish better than I liked mine! haha! (inside joke)

The Goldsmiths said...

Hey Siena! Yeah, Callum and Maira LOVE the fish. Callum really likes to feed them and Maira is working on saying 'fish'.
I'd like to hear your fish story!