Friday, June 22, 2012

The biggest rainstorm I have EVER seen...




Seriously. The most impressive rainstorm I have ever seen in my life. It came upon us out of NOWHERE, and it lasted for a good twenty minutes. Lightning and thunder were ubiquitous, and both kids were screaming wrecks. I pulled into the driveway and carried them in, one by one, to the garage, which I left open, since we only went out for an hour or so to the library, etc.

The garage was COMPLETELY flooded. Our street had about three inches of rain on it. I videotaped a lot of it. I had to take both air conditioners out, since water was literally POURING through the front of the air conditioner. Upstairs, in the kid's room, the water was coming out so much that it was seeping THROUGH the floorboards, through the floor joists, and dripping from the door jamb on the entrance to our kitchen.

 The saddest part of this whole thing was the Lupine was outside for the WHOLE thing...I kept trying to "rescue" her, but to no avail. She was probably hiding someplace.....

Water poured into the chimney and went down the stovepipe, dripping out onto the woodstove hearth...down in the cellar, the 'ash cleanout' of the chimney overflowed with water and leaked out onto the floor. Absolutely crazy

Here is Hannaford, about two miles away from our house.....many of you know where I am talking about.....





These next two are taken at the end of our street, right under the railroad bridge. This is probably about a quarter of a mile away....this is "Main Street" in Fairfield......




And the craziest thing of all is that 30  minutes later, the sun was out, and it was an absolutely beautiful evening......

4 comments:

Ortiz said...

Don't fool with Mother Nature.

Mee Mee said...

HOLY COW!!!

I can't believe it! We got NOTHING here. Just a few passing clouds and more humidity. I hope everything is ok with the grandbabies and your house.

TEK said...

EVERYONE INTO THE GOLDSMITH CANOE!!

Conner said...

Seriously? I dont remember any storm last week like that in Winslow... we're only 5 minutes from you guys... the floodings crazy.