Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday School Picnic....



The weekend of prom was a really busy weekend for me.....the morning after prom, our church held its annual End-Of-Sunday-School Picnic....we do this each year, and it is always a beautiful day for the kids and parish members. I am usually in charge of "cooking" the hot dogs we have, and we always use my charcoal grill...above, BuddyBrad and I stop amidst the stress of grilling hot dogs to smile for my lovely wife.....

We do it up nice at this thing--cotton candy machines, bouncy house, lots of food, races, obstacle courses, fishing pools, face painting, and keg stand contests. Below, Pastor challenged me through the obstacle course race, which consisted of a potato sack race, a balance beam portion, and a bean bag throwing accuracy contest.....as well as a 'slalom' like thing where we had to balance a golf ball on a spoon and run through gates....Pastor cheated....but I cheated harder....and won....haha

Miss Maira and Amanda were looking beautiful in their springy dresses.....this picnic was a couple of weeks ago now, and it seems, that since then, all it has done is rain, rain, rain. This seems to happen each year....the beginning of June is always a wash out. Sidenote: By some weatherman accounts, we received SIX INCHES of rain today!! We are completely flooded outside....


Here, Brad, Caden, Callum, and  I participate in Callum's favorite event: The water balloon toss!



And, finally, good friend and fellow running race partner Emily guides Maira and her daughter through the obstacle course ( I hope you enjoyed the grammatical ambiguity of that sentence!)

Big week coming up this week! Tonight I attended the WHS Baccalaureate service, tomorrow night is class night, and then Wed is graduation.....tis the season!

No comments: