Thursday, May 31, 2012

Prom 2012

Prom was actually a few weeks ago, but with all the blogcrastinating I did, I never got around to posting anything about prom. This year, as I am in the third year of my class advisor tenure, I was responsible for putting on prom--along with co-advisor and friend Lori. It is a lot of work to throw a prom! Prom ended up being on Saturday night, May 19th. The day before prom, on that Friday, the school excused me from teaching for the day so that I might decorate the VFW hall where it was held. Our "theme" was "New York City," and the decorations were geared around city night life...

Here are Amanda and I; this is the third time I have taken my wife to prom! #cute


I  


Here's Amanda with Lori and Crystal--Lori is a special eduction teacher, and Crystal teaches math. Both are great people and great friends!!




It was an exhausting weekend, and truly the "kickofff" to the graduation season. I have been teaching for eleven years total now, and I would be hard pressed to find an entire class of students with whom I have connected more than the class of 2012. They are an exemplary bunch, and, after next Wednesday when they graduate, things will be very lonely at Winslow High School.

Here's me with two outstanding kids: Conner and Elizabeth. Conner will attend school about five minutes from Nannie and Upbob, when he attends Wheaton next year. And Elizabeth is going to rock at UMaine Farmington where she will play basketball and study English and teaching!





I just love dancing to  "Fancy Footwork" by Chromeo!


1 comment:

Siena said...

"Two step.... two step!"