Thursday, May 23, 2013

Calm before the storm....again





It seems as though I write one of these posts each and every year, but that is because each and every year I go through the same thing. A very very busy time of year. Here is what I have going on in this 'perfect storm' of Jaredness:

1. Teaching six classes of senior English (101 of them, btw, just turned in their term papers)
2. Being their senior class advisor (coordinating logistics of the catered banquet, graduation, thousands of dollars of cash, discipline crap, et al)
3. English Dept Chair (trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole with trying to make next year's schedule as they keep cutting teachers.....we are down, for example, basically a whole English teacher next year, and our classes keep getting bigger and bigger...which is bad news for everyone
4. Being elected class speaker (but I am writing a song as my speech instead....for the ninth year in a row!)
5. Chairing our church's Board For Missions and attending meetings and discussions on what to do with roughly 6K of money and how to distribute it best to help those in need....
6. Physical Therapy 3 times per week---still----as I continue to rehab my shoulder. I am, supposedly, nearing full range of motion...but it still hurts like a bugger....and I am still pretty weak...but it is getting better each and every day!
7. Tee Ball baby!!!! Heck Yeah
8. Trying to still be some sort of husband and father, because that is really what matters most. Corny but totally true. Life is a huge balancing act right now.....

So I am sorry if I dont call as much/have time to hang out (like anyone wants to hang out with me)/or appear to be in the best mood lately. So myeah.

On our about fifth straight day of rain....does anyone else but me notice how this same exact pattern has happened for the last three years now? Maybe it differs by a week or so, but each year at the end of May or so, we get a good week and a half or two of RAIN.

Oh, number nine would be stacking next year's firewood.

So this post is not meant to complain at all....on the contrary! I just want to look back in a few years and see what I was dealing with when!

Okay. It is #thursdaynighttakeout so I have to get g'ing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how you always find time to be on the computer.

Jaja said...

well yeah...i order all my illegal oxycodone from mexico on line, so I am on the comptuer quite often....