Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Sally Piles

I also could have called this post "we need a new camera," because our camera sucks. Oh well....fuzzy pics...

So my wonderful Sally Piles turned 34 this past weekend, and the kids and I had a few surprises up our sleeve....

First of all, we got her a REAL bone china hand painted teacup. I know the Goldsmiths are only 34 years old, but we are really 89. And British. This is a reallllly nice cup that Callum picked out all by himself because of the pretty handpainted roses. No pic sorry. Come over and see it for yourself....

I asked the kids what they would want to MAKE mommy for her special birthday dinner....Callum initially said he wanted to MAKE her McDonalds. After I explained that you dont MAKE McDo (nalds, both he and Maira agreed that they wanted to make mommy (big shocker) fried shrimp and french fries. So that is what we had. And then we surprised mommy by having Lin and Gorge come over to join us for dinner! The cake, of course, was a surprise from Hillman's, because I DO NOT bake. Baking is for losers. llz.

I had tried to set up a surprise visit from Andrea and Michael....but they were busy and couldnt get up for a weekend visit. Hopefully we will see them soon. But I dont think they like coming here. Jk, even. But I did send Amanda down to Portland to have a wonderful day with ANdrea--they went to the art (and fart) museum, and then out to lunch at Demillo's, a Portland restaurant RIGHT on the water because it is on a boat! I hope she had a good time!

Then on Sunday, we were treated to brunch at the SN8TR for our birthdays. I got prime rib, even.

I hope Amanda had a great birthday.

The end.

Making the shrimp.....

 Singing the song.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice,beautiful cake, glad u had a great day. Hey Jared along with getting a new camera, battery is dead blah blah blah, you should also get a new phone, we didn't get any messages, blah blah blah 😳

Missster Gee said...

This must be ortiz....because
a. it is written before 720
b. it makes no sense
c. yolo
d. it isnt a spam comment

Anonymous said...

Yup!!!!!!

Sally Piles said...

It was a GREAT Birthday! I loved my shrimp and french fries, and the cake was awesome. I loved the flowers on it - especially the lilac.
Thank you Jared, Callum and Maira, Mom and Dad, for making my birthday so special!

Anonymous said...

hope you had a great day sally, you deserve it more than you would ever allow anyone to tell you.

-tem