Monday, May 13, 2013

Tim and Eleni I

annnnnnd we are back....after having no internet at home for a week or so.....so much blogging to do.

We have been looking forward to Tim and Eleni's wedding for over a year....the weekend was so pumped up ahead of time, there was no way it could disappoint--and it did not.

I am conflicted as to if I should be my usual smartassed self and be all silly and goofy....orrrrrrrrrrrr if I should be sentimental for once....haha. I think I will go for the latter.

I am just so so blessed to have three solid, upright, loving and compassionate men call my best friends. Jezsin, Efth, and Jawn are truly like brothers, and getting to spend time with them is such a rich treat. I know I say this all the time, but it is true. Add in getting to bring AMANDA down for the fun...and getting Jenn in as well (we missed you Del!), and there was a whole other dynamic added. No kids either! Truly an unprecedented weekend!

The only black spot on the whole weekend was first Amanda--and then me--being sick. Amanda was throwing up all day on Friday...and then we drove to Jay's Friday night. On Saturday, I felt like death for most of the day. I felt 'okay' for the wedding....but definitely could not live up to the expectations laid before me to 'work the room' as I usually do....HAHA.

So many high points--pizza/wings/4 minutes of the Bruins on Friday....going to Savers with John and the wives on Saturday in search of cufflinks....pillaging Burlington Coat Factory and leaving with socks, bowties, almost a fedora, and other stuff...being carted around all weekend in Jawn Senior's posh Cadillac (with Klauss!)....watching my SaturdayMorningProphesy come to fruition as we all sat on Jay's deck and talked while Jay puttered around his yard with a stick because I have ADD and he doesnt #screwyouEfth....and, of course, a truly truly magnificent wedding of two magnificent people!

The amazing thing about these first two photos is that a) they were taken with our wives sitting 4 feet away at 10:30 in the morning and b) not one drop of alcohol was consumed to inspire us to do this. In the words of my former intern Kelsey, "I do what I do."


 
kind of like a really really 'wrong' Iwo Jima....


The inside of St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church in Lexington--the service was divinely beautiful. 95% of it was in Greek. Beautiful traditions like the exchanging and wearing of the crowns....most everything was in 'threes' to honor the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.....beautiful frescoes adorning the inside of the sancutaryakas.


True to form for what we know of Tim, he 'boycotted' conventionality and ditched the limo for a Porsche 911 (?) convertible. High Class. Smooth. Awesome. The new Kotsiopolous family left the church with the top down and drove over to the hall. I have a feeling Tim stopped at Buffalo Wyld Wyngs first though....

The stunning Mr and Mrs Jezsin Ponticelli. It was great for me (AND AMANDA!!) to get to spend time with Janive! We had a great time and Janive and Sally really enjoyed their time. Thanks for your kind hospitality Jenn!!


Missing Del for sure....but I know we are soulmates Del and we will meet together under a grapefuit moon.... I've got some good looking buddies huh? And Amanda looked STUNNING. Wowza, I kept saying. I think it was the lipstick. Haha. And the new shoes she picked up while shoppin with Jenn in the "Woon."


So many more pictures and things about which to blog. See ya soon

No comments: