Monday, October 7, 2013

"Sprinkle"


Cute name, isnt it? A 'sprinkle' in 'Rouseish' is a 'small shower' given to a person, like my sister, who already had a baby shower for her first child (boy) but is now due with her second child (girl). I call a 'Sprinkle' a fun way to see lots of family I never get to see!

Originally, there was no way I was going to make it down for this, but, thanks to my co-coach Chris, who is awesome, I was able to figure out a way to miss one of our biggest races of the year so I could come down. The omens were not good, however, as on the way down we stopped for dinner at Wendy's in Tewksbury MA and, when we went to leave, we realized we were broken down because our starter blew.....fun times. 

But we made it down on Friday night, late, and on Saturday I had a nice run through the backroads of the Myles Standish Industrial Park, etc. Then I went to Dunkin Donuts for an iced FV reggy, and all was right with the world. HOWEVER, this was the first Mass visit in a LONG TIME that I did NOT hit up my favorite Honey Dew!! FOR SHAME!!!

I got to see some of my favorite family members, like my cousins Ally and Lauren. We all share a special bond as we all spent a lot of time together as kids--Kris and I would sleep over and spend time at their place down in Plymouth. Lauren and her husband Arty just had twins, and it was great to meet the two new beauties!


Auntie KK opened up her babygirl gifts while Jackson and Callum helped out. It was pure joy watching Callum and Jackson play together--they were inseparable all day long and are just classic 'boys' in the way they run around and chase and wrestle and wreak havoc together. I love watching them have a great time!


And obviously I got to see Anth, which is always fun. Although this time we didnt get spend a lot of time hanging out cuz he was busy making a cute little antipasto syalad thingy.....


Before this weekend, I cannot remember (honestly) the last time I saw my dad. It was probably May or so when we were down. Or July or something. Either way it has been a while. I just like my dad to see my kids. Both Callum and Maira are not 'phone people,' and they dont like talking that much on the phone (like me I guess!). So 'in person' stuff is always better. And Papa's cane never ever goes out of favor as the favorite toy of all three of the kids! Also, we are noticing that Callum is coming out of his shell more in terms of getting his picture taken. Before, he was petrified to have it done...now he is pretty cool with it....


My Auntie Pat--my mom's "Irish twin"and mother of Lauren, Ally, and Brian. Brian wasnt there, but his wife Jess was--and THEY both had twins as well!! So, in the span of a few months, my Aunt Pat went from being grandmother of one little girl to grandmother of one little girl and TWO sets of twins! Crazy huh?


The big hit of the day for Ms Maira was seeing all the babies around--the one in KK's belly....Jess and Brian's twins...and Lauren and Arty's twins. Below, she helps 'take care' of the babies with Lauren. Look at her classic smile. And look at the bag of candy she is carrying around--she didnt eat ANY of it...she just wanted to carry it around all day. Hilarious.


And three generations of Goldsmith men....all in one place! Dont know what Callum is pouting about. Probably wanted another cupcake....


No comments: