Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Cookout

....a little one....nothing crazy-like....

Lin and Gorge came by to have some bbq chicken and sausage over the weekend; sometimes last minute little plans work out wonderfully. The weather held off for the most part, and it actually did not rain for almost four hours! Below, where you see us all sitting, is going to look much different in a few weeks as my friend Rod and I put in a little deck/patio thing in the back. We obviously are right in town with not a ton of privacy, so the deck will give us a little bit. This time of year it is actually wonderful living in a town/neighborhood, since there is always a lot of stuff going on and there are always people to talk to. 

The kids love to take their hot wheels or monster trucks out and play out back. They also love to sit at the picnic table and color....



#screens

We had blizzards from Dairy Queen for dessert....Zin _ makes fun of me because I order mine with M&Ms and he says that no self respecting 35 year old man would order those in his blizzard. I say that he should never assume that I am a self respecting ANYTHING. No one else respects me, so why should I? Bring on the MandMs.

Callum and Maira wanted to bbq as well. But they wanted to role play what a DOT worker on 95 would bbq. So yeah. We did bubbles, wiffle ball, running, and had a little camp fire. As you can see in the background, our firewood is starting to become replenished, and I am in full stack-mode to get it all done so that it can season and I can get surgery.



No comments: