Saturday, May 17, 2014

Thus far in May....


A bunch of tidbitty types of things for your rainy Saturday May entry......

Last week at school we had, at an assembly, Olympic Silver medalist luge rider Julia Clukey. She hails from Disgusta Maine and went to Cony High school and she now goes around on the lecture circuit talking to kids about goals and motivation and dreams. After, she signed some autographs and I got one (obviously...haha). My good bud and colleague Dave were in line and another colleague (and former student) Mel caught this picture; I have no idea why I was making this face, but it sure is funny to me. This would be a good caption contest.....



Amanda has been doing a great job running....and I have been trying to not do AS MUCH running! Now that winter is coming to a close, I have been trying to get out on my bike more...although the roads are in terrible shape from the winter--heaved and cracked and messed up beyond belief. Plus, cars in Maine are not used to seeing people outside exercising or running or biking, so one needs to be very careful. But I have been riding my other bike (knobbier tires) to school at least a couple of times per week....it has been delightful not to drive!


And Maira has been taking her babies on nice walks in the stroller Papa got her for Christmas....


And Tee-Ball season has begun, and Callum is on the As....which basically means he has a green shirt...haha. I think Callum needs to be done with tee ball and play the next level which is called 'rookie league.' The kid is very good and has been hitting the ball VERY well. In fact, when we play, I cant even throw him underhand anymore....I throw him some funky stuff with the wiffleball and it is fun! The coach made the remark to me after the game yesterday that: "I think he is gonna be quite the ballplayer....jeesh!" That felt good. At least ONE Goldsmith should be athletic, right? haha


Amanda went on a fantastic conference a couple of weeks ago now, and perhaps she will write more about the changes in her job, etc. But basically it was an HR conference at the Samoset Resort in Rockland, Maine, and her room was right on the ocean--this is the view looking out her window (unfortunately there was a golf course...haha). She stayed overnight on a Thursday and came home Friday. Like I said, maybe she will write more about it...


And there was a breakwater onto which she walked one morning or something. I dont know. I dont really talk to her.....



1 comment:

Papa G said...

Nice form Callum! I don't blame Amnda.