Saturday, June 14, 2014

Down to Freeport



We were at LL Bean last Sunday, as we had some stuff to return and exchange and buy and such....Freeport is a beautiful little town in all seasons, and LL Bean (even though I think their stuff is junk/ a ripoff) is a pretty neat store for the kids and all--they enjoy the taxidermied (is that a word) animals and the live trout that swim around the tanks and such.....

LL Bean has a pretty neat summer concert series, and they bring some awesome folks to play free shows at the 'village green' of LL's. After grabbing some Starbucks (I am not ashamed to admit that I am somewhat obsessed with their iced Chai latte!) we headed over to the green so the kids could 'run around' as they explain. I think that when Amanda took this picture of me I was looking at a bird or something. Idk. 




Here are CS and ME playing on the stage where the performers play...it looks out onto an expansive grassy field. They were doing a 'show' for Amanda and I, and it was "Callum and Maira's Stage Show" and they were having some type of a circus or something....you see Maira waiting in the wings because their favorite part of this was introducing each other 'to the show.'


"And now everyone's favorite clown..........Buddy!!!!!" she would say....



and after being introduced each kid would just run 'victory laps' around the stage....look at that stride!
I want more iced chai....


Another reason this little trip to Freeport was so good was because it was the first NICE day in such a long time...I think it hit about 80 that day....and since then, we have had nothing but rain and temps in the high 50s or mid 60s MAX. Whatever. Just bring on winter already.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FLAT BRIM!