Thursday, June 5, 2014

Tooth 1!!!




A little late in reporting this milestone, but last week at tee-ball, Callum lost his first tooth!! How exciting. It had been loose for a WHILE, and we noticed Callum was always fiddling with it #shadesofSally and playing with it and stuff. In the picture above, you can see him playing first base....but really just focusing on his tooth.

He always calls me over during the times his team is in the field, and most of the time it is to ask me silly questions like "can we go to Governor's after?" or "can you not leave....can you watch my whole game?" and stuff like that. So I try to keep this to a minimum.....sooooooo, when he said "Daddy come here!!" during last week's game, I said "No pal....we will talk after this inning." Well, I noticed how Callum called over 'coach Fred' to him...and then Coach Fred walked over to me and said 'here ya go dad,' and put Callum's tooth in my hand! I went over to hug and congratulate him...and the kid is bleeding all over the place...but, he did not waiver from his 'first base duties' and wanted to finish the inning for his team before cleaning himself up. Toughguy.




I asked him how it happened, and here is his answer: "Well, I was just king of getting annoyed with how loose it was, so I just decided to pull it out finally..." #NavySEAL

....and here is my social infielder himself, talking to other kids on the other team, and showing him his tooth.....and notice his little friend Addison taking a break behind him....haha....

Another great thing we are doing this summer is the Quarry Road Race Series. I have written about the Quarry Road before: It is a tremendous area of trails, hills, woods, and fields that is AMAZING for running, mtn biking, XC skiing, snowshoeing, etc. And only 3 miles from our house! Last summer the kids and I ran some of the races. This year, Sally signed me up for the whole series (thanks) and there is a race each Tuesday night. At 530 there is a kids fun run, and then at 6 there is the adult race, which alternates between a 3K, 5K, and 8K. Or, 2, 3.1, and 5 miles, respectively. Very awesome terrain...lots of hills and switchbacks and woods....technical stuff #Timb. I ran the 3K last week, and Callum and Maira ran the first kids race--about a half mile through some field-trails. Callum finished fourth overall, and the kid can MOVE!!! I know it is only a 'funrun' but the kid was out to win, and the only kids who beat him were like 10 and 12 year olds!! It was amazing to watch him go!!! And Maira ran her first ever race!! We were so proud of her, and she was so proud as well!!! From her reaction at the end, you would have thought she won a gold medal in the Olympics!! She kept saying "daddy, I am doing my very best" while I ran with her. She ran the whole time without stopping. I am excited at how much my kids love running, and we look forward to next week!!

Callum and Maira rocking the bandannas! And their little friend Abby is the fourth one from the left!


1 comment:

Papa Gn said...

Good job, Callum and Maira!