Thursday, June 19, 2014

Vacation: Day 1

Yesterday was my last day of school--each year, we travel over to Waterville Hike School (part of my AOS...things are different in Maine than they are in Mass....) for an end of the year luncheon and meeting. Then I hit up Maineley Brews with my buddy Rich for an end of the year DropDeadRed Ale. Good stuff. Last week, Amanda took a bunch of pictures from the race; I will post those later, but on FB you can become a 'fan' of the Quarry Rd Summer Race series, and see pictures, times, etc. 

I was telling Patrick, the coordinator of these races, that Tuesday night races are LITERALLY the favorite part of Callum and Maira's week!! They get so excited, and I am in love with the idea of all of us going over to do family races. Truly a gem to have right in Maine...right in Waterville! Below, there is a picture from their web site of the starting line of the run last week...you can pick out the ninja and Maira....also, Dad, please notice the Yurt in the back right!!




Now, I am certainly no expert. When people tell me I am a 'runner' I usually correct them and say 'no....I am just a guy who runs.' That being said, as a coach, I have done a bunch of reading and research about mechanics, and the technicalities of running. Why I say this is because Callum really does have a fantastic stride...look below and see his 'start.' He is intense and competitive and focused and he has great form. Maira does too actually. It is a blast running with her and seeing her do her very best!


Photo finish!!! If Callum didnt constantly look over his shoulder, he may have won! haha

....and here is a guy who looks like my friend Jawn....


1 comment:

Papa said...

Nice!!!!!!!