Monday, August 18, 2014

Beer

Most of this blog is about beer. Oh well. I like beer. It is good for you. 

A couple of weeks ago I made my way down to Portland to see my friend Dunny, from college. We went to this place in the old Port called Novare Res (it means "we start a revolution") and the place made me feel absolutely incompetent as a beer fan. The menu, for example, just for BEER, was about nine pages long. This was one section of the menu in particular...blow the picture up to see the crazy prices of some of these beers!! They had about 20 beers on tap, but literally HUNDREDS of bottled beers from all over the world....and some from Maine that I have never even heard of. Amazing place....





Last week, also, I had my final trail race of the Quarry Road Summer Race Series--it ended with the MOAR (Mother of all races) the 8K, which is five miles of virtually ALL uphill terrain...a ridiculous race. So, after, since there was no one home, I went over to Mainely Brews for a fantastic fish sandwich and a DropDeadRed ale (my fave beer they make). Former student (and currently KICKING BUTT at UNH) Sydney was there--she waitressed there this summer, and that particular night was her final shift, as she was leaving a few days later for Budapest, Hungary for a semester abroad. I sidled right up next to her at the bar and we had some good laughs and talked about her study abroad trip. THEN, a true classic, Conner Bourgoine showed up, cuz he is creepy like that, and we had a great, impromptu little meetup (several former students were there that night because Camille, a French exchange student I had a couple of years ago, is back in the states to study at Northeastern for a year).


#littlehat (For Jason, when he gets back from his 43rd vacatzin of the summer.....).


Good old Conner....it is hard to believe that both Syd and Conner are going to be JUNIORS in college this year! Conner continues to impress me with his success at Wheaton on the CrossCountry team there....he is doing amazingly well....and he is majoring in English!!


One of my favorite things to do this summer.... sit outside on the deck....have a drink...read a book under the umbrella....and listen to either Maine Public Radio or WERU (Blue Hill Community Radio....the best music on earth). I hope to sit on the deck all throughout the fall and early winter....I cant wait for winter!! Going to dip down in the low 40s tonight!! And some of the leaves are already turning!! Early fall! Summer sucks!! YEAY!!!


No comments: