Thursday, August 7, 2014

Well, the kids and Amanda left on Wednesday morning at about 4:28 in the morning to embark on their New Jersey trip. For a variety of reasons, I could not attend this year, and I will be alone until next Wednesday. Although many would say that this would be GREAT to have the house to myself to be able to do ANYTHING I WANT whenever I want, I have to say that it absolutely sucks and I cannot wait for them to come back. I am no good on my own--that is for sure. I have a list of things I want to get done this week--put a second coat on the breezeway outside....waterseal the deck....install the mailbox by the front light post...landscaping stuff, etc. But I also want to do some fun stuff too...I want to get out on the canoe to fish....I would love to get to hang out with my friends like Tom and Brad and Dave.....I want to read books and go for long bike rides, etc.

The kids are having a blast thus far--today Callum and Maira got to ride in Aunt June's convertible and they have been enjoying the dogs of June and Michelle who have a Newfie and Burmese Mtn dog, respectively.

Here we are almost in the middle of August and I am using this week to start to focus on what back to school will look like this year....I have resigned as XC coach (I will still volunteer) because of parental commitments like picking Callum up from school, doing karate and dance lessons, attending soccer practices, and more. Not doing the entire preseason with the team will be strange for sure....although next week I will help fill in some days....

Tonight I went over to Maineley Brews to try to watch the first Pats preseason game...but it was trivia night and a MADHOUSE. I went to the Last Unicorn--I love the bar there--and had a couple of drinks and got to catch up with Amy (who was bartending) and Sasha (who was waitressing). Soon it is off to bed for me...I sleep AWFULLY when no one is home....AWFULLY.

Here is what has been going on.....

While Amanda and her friends hiked around Baxter State Park the other day (Amanda, you need to get me pics so we can post about this!!!) I had the kids for a couple of days myself, and I took them to Lake George to swim and have fun.....we went in the 'other' entrance this time, because it has a sandier beach and the kids love that....the other side has more nooks and crannies, and I like that...but that is fine.....but this is a GORGEOUS lake!


The kids were playing with the little boy wearing the red life jacket...they were playing dump trucks and helicopters (Callum packs his backpack with stuff to bring EVERYWHERE he goes....) and they were making roads and 'concrete' and having a blast. They played with that boy for a while!!

On this side of the park there are many hills and dales and secluded little spots for picnics or whatever. The kids loved climbing up this hill and then ROLLING down the hill....they pretended they were JACK and ANNIE, who are the two main characters of their (sometimes) beloved series of books: THE MAGIC TREEHOUSE.....


And look what came in the mail today!!! WOO HOO. When I texted this picture to CS today and then read it to him over the phone he started jumping for joy and he got really excited....that is good!!





No comments: