Thursday, January 29, 2015


So TheBlizzardOf2015 has come and gone....well...actually....its remnants are still here....and hopefully WILL be for a while. And, as I write this (on a Thursday night) I wonder if, in fact, we will have our THIRD snow day of the week tomorrow, as we are forecast to get another 10-14 inches. Crazy and awesome. Although, I am definitely surprised at the amount of..well...yeah...I guess it is...ANGER directed, by people, in my direction, because I love the cold and the winter and the snow so much. For example, so often this week people have said to me things like "are you happy now??!!??" and "i hope you are happy" and stuff like that...as if me 'liking' winter is somehow 'causing' the snow. Oh well. I will say the same to them this summer when it is 110 and horrendously bright and sunny....haha

Anyway, here are some pics of the blizzard. No idea how much we got. So many drifts. At least well over two feet. It was awesome! Here is where our deck used to be....



I shoveled it off the day after the storm, rendering an amazing foundation for a snowfort, as you will soon see. I am happy to say I have not TOUCHED a snowblower during this whole storm event.

I tried using the snowmobile (under there somewhere) today. Hilarious. There is actually too much snow to go snowmobile...I keep getting stuck. Tomorrow I will have to shovel myself out so I can get some running room.....

Sally on run # 2 of the day during the storm. It snowed for about 36 hours straight. Again, it was amazing.

The snow is a gorgeous, light, very 'playable' kind of sow. Great to pack down and sled down, etc. Although, the snow has come with some bonechilling cold (which, again, is awesome) and the kids can only stand being outside for like an hour before Maira starts bloodcurdlingly screaming because she got a modicum of snow in her boot....but, alas, they have made a sweet sledding slope. The thing is at like a 45 degree angle....


Just about done shoveling out the deck....the huge bank will be an awesome hide-out. Or maybe a place to keep food too. Who knows. So much potential!


A great storm!! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I have. Here's to dozens more blizzards just like this!!!

No comments: