Saturday, September 27, 2008

5 amazing years today! I love you Sally Piles!

Papa and "GG" came to town this weekend.

On Friday, I arrived home from school to see that dad and Babs were already at our house, hanging out inside with Amanda and Callum. I said my hellos, changed, and immediately went out to run--now that it is becoming harder and harder for me to find a full hour a day (mostly because of daylight and my schedule) to ride, I have succumbed to running outside, since being outside in SOME capacity is better than being on a bike trainer INSIDE. So, for motivation, I have started training for some 5Ks. Something to do.

We got Big G's for supper, and dad and Barbara are huge fans of their HUMONGOUS sandwiches. Amanda and I opted for the haddock baskets....and they SUCKED. Worse than stale Van De Kamps. (poopie noises).

Callum has been sick actually, and for two nights in a row, he has failed to complete his assigned task of sleeping through the night. He was up three times last night; but what is funny is that he doesnt cry. Rather, he just wakes us up by "talking" and cooing to his mobile friends above his crib. He's up leaning on his hands, eyes fully open, and when we go in to see him, he's all smiles. Weird. Any ideas people? Maybe he's trying to increase Sally's milk supply.

At first, Callum didnt know what to make of his Papa Goldsmith, since he hasn't seen him in a while. But Callum is VERY good at studying faces. I think he'll work for the CIA or something. Below Callum is thinking: "hmmmm....this guy looks like my daddy.....only uglier.....and with weird gray stuff on his face....." HA HA dad!
But for the rest of the morning they were buddies, and Callum and Papa intensely watched "Elmo's World" together. I was in the other room, shooting myself.
And here he is with "GG," who was just SO happy to be with the little snugglebuns known as Callum. I hope Callum enjoys reading as much as GG does. If so, he'll be a smart kid!
We left at around noon, since the rain seemed to have subsided, and made our way to The Apple Farm in Fairfield Center. Today was their open house, and even though the weather was yucky, we still had fun checking out the nostalgic farm store, the cider house, and the grounds in general. But on the way there, we just relaxed in the back of Papa's truck; since I had the pacifier, Callum had to resort to his own thumb.....
Maybe I should use one of those more often; I wouldnt get in as much trouble. Callum fell asleep in the farm store, but he woke RIGHT up when we went into the cider house. He did NOT like the cider house; his eyes grew 4 sizes, the lips pouted up, and the screams ensued---I think it was much too loud for him, and he got scared. No prob. Daddy take you away. We got a gallon of their cider, which I think is the best cider I've ever had. We got apples, pie crust covers, a pumpkin Callum picked out, mums, and Papa even bought Callum a pumpkin hat "knit by a great grannny in Maine," as it was advertised. From the farm, we ran over to Agway, Dad's favorite store, and I got some "Natures Miracle" odor remover, since Mister Thomas P. Cat has been enjoying peeing NOT in his box lately (4 inches FROM his box, even). And dad bought us a Red Oak tree from the nursery to be planted in our front yard (we need some shade). It will be our 5 year anniversary tree! After THAT, Amanda made a pie, I went in my own truck to pick up the tree, and then we went to Asian Cafe for a terrific dinner. Whew. What a day!


5 comments:

Michelle Garner said...

Happy Anniversary! :) It sounds like you had a grrrreat weekend! Hope Callum feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary from me & g-pop. Oh Uncle Bob too! Hope the little guy feels better soon. Give him a big kiss from all of us!

Anonymous said...

aww poor boo bear has a red nose......tell him I love him and I hope he feels better!

Anonymous said...

Even with the weather not being too good we had a great visit. It felt so good to hold Callum in my arms and talk to him, he is sooo cute and cudly. Jared I think you should get your own pacifier, it was the only time you were quiet, he he he.

Anonymous said...

All of the men in your family NEVER lose that "infant" look. Wow.