Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008 (Part II)

Part 2 of our Christmas celebration involved Callum's Nannie and PB coming up for a visit. Due to the snowstorm a couple of weeks ago, Callum didnt get to see his Nannie or his Papa Goldsmith, so we were excited for a visit. Lynne and George came over to join us for supper, and for this meal I made some baked stuff haddock (with a special stuffing I learned to make when I cooked at Edmund's Restaurant during high school), rice pilaf, and "Goldybeans," which is something I whipped up involving sauteed green beans, bacon, and leeks. Another delicious meal if I do say so myself. Also, we had baked stuffed shrimp from "Fresh Catch" in Mansfield MA, olives, and pepper jelly with cream cheese. I love food. And it shows. Here's our table....
And here's a picture we've been wanting to take for the past 6 months, but havent had the opportunity: Callum's two grandmothers! So....do you think Callum got any attention this past weekend? Hmmmm.....
And when it came to bedtime, Grammy and Nannie worked out a system: Nannie, because she if scared out of her mind watching Callum splash around in the tub like a madman, deferred the bathing duties to Grammy.....and then Nannie dried him off and got him into his PJs. And Nannie got to feed Mr. Callum his delicious snack of sweet potatoes. How fun!
And here is Nannie, probably telling Callum to go clean his room, empty his diaper pail, or tell his daddy to STOP saying "that's what she said"......haha

We exchanged presents with Mom and Bob while Callum took a nap, and then, when Callum woke up, it was his turn to get gifts. Nannie and PB got him this awesome "easy chair" so Callum can hang out and watch Pats game with his daddy (actually, since I am writing this at 845 pm on Sunday, that is a lie....apparently, in the NFL, 11-5 isnt good enough to make the playoffs...especially when you have mediocre .500 times making it out west....and BRETT FAVRE SUCKS!!!!......oh, but where was I?) Well, Callum can watch The Office with his daddy. There...how's that? Anyway, I just can't stand how cute he looks in his little chair! And he loves it. Also, you'll see Callum holding the little "sack" Nannie got him for Christmas; this way, Nannie can fill it up with little toys, games, animal friends, etc. so Callum can open it at Christmas time. Wicked cute!



And look how damn cute this kid is! Sitting in his chair, smiling, holding the remote, "presiding" over his domain.....all he needs is one of his bottles filled with Dooryard Ale, and he's just like his daddy!


And we're really looking forward to Wednesday when Aunt Kristie and Uncle Anthony come up for a visit! We're sure to have fun. And there is also exchanging presents with Uncle Jon and Mel. ANNNNNNDD......Callum needs to see his Papa and Bab-Babs......THEN we can say we've had Christmas with everyone!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT LITTLE GUY IN HIS CHAIR, He looked so cute. He was such a good boy.......

I love that little xmas sack too, that will be my tradition every year to fill up his and bag with goodies. it really is adorable..... and Callum will learn to look forward to that every year with all his "STUFF" from Nannie.....

Next year I will have two little guys and two little sacks to fill. Can't wait....

We had a great time and I loved being with Callum, and oh yeah, we had fun with you guys too....

:)

Not sure I can really say I love the photos of me though,, OH MY STARS!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Im shocked there were no comments regarding Callum's sack and a " thats what she said" from daddy....

He looks so cute in his chair. Can't wait to see him!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous of the chair myself.

Favre is horrible.

Anonymous said...

doesn't it feel like christmas lasts for weeks?? before you get to see everyone you need to see! Callum looks so cute in his new chair, it's so funny. I can't wait to see him, it feels like it's been a long time!! also, thanks for the phone call last night, it was very thoughtful. I'll call you guys tonight probably and maybe we can still get together on new year's eve?

Anonymous said...

OMG he is soooo cute in his chair. Boy Nannie sure knows how to pick them. I bet he will be looking for that sack every year Nannie.!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looking for that sack every year...that's what she said!

Anonymous said...

Nannie said very funny ANNONYMOUS JARED!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I cannot lay claim to that comment. I say sadly because I passed up a golden opportunity for a THATS WHAT SHE SAID....

Alas, that was not me....

Anonymous said...

actually she said "and Callum will learn to look forward to that every year with all his"stuff" from Nannie..." and the second comment was someone agreeing with Nannie so the is difference Mr critical anonymous

Anonymous said...

correction...that is the difference....