Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Vacation Stuff

I am very much enjoying my vacation with Callum; one of the many benefits of being a teacher is the time off, and since Amanda is working a few days this week, I have Callum all to myself. Here is what we've done so far: Built towers with his new blocks (and then he knocked them down), Played with his "Little People," fit his squeaky birds into his squeaky birdhouse, sat in his new chair and read books like "The Wicked Big Toddlah," "Just WHAT is Christmas?" and "Moose on the Loose," and tinkled the ivories of Daddy's keyboard. We've been busy. Also, we've managed to squeeze in a few episodes of The Office, get some meat at Joseph's, buy a futon, and take some really good naps. As I write this, Kristin and Anthony are probably minutes away, on route to our house for New Years. I hate New Years. Always have. It sucks. Just saying.

Amanda's all time favorite movie is "White Christmas"--and I dont just mean its her favorite Christmas move....it is her favorite MOVIE movie. Period. I married into a "White Christmas" family, for better or for worse. The biggest plus to this, as far as I can see, is the constant presence on screen of Rosemary Clooney, in my opinion the most beautiful woman who ever lived. To me, she personifies true grace and elegance; she carried herself like a real "movie star," she could sing, and she was stunningly beautiful. I say WAS stunningly beautiful because this is what happened to her..... As you can see, she ate the "pretty" Rosemary Clooney several times over. Yes, I am well aware I am going to hell....but I'll be with all my friends......

Today I had a dentist appointment (no cavities, but my gum recession is so bad that they arent even going to polish anymore when I go to my appointments). By the way--did you know that there is a stark difference in usage between "anymore" as ONE word and "any more" as TWO words? If you are interested, as I am sure absolutely no one is, ask me and I will tell you. I live a very lonely life.....

Anyway, I had my dentist appointment at 1030 this morning, and its like going to parent teacher conferences, since I have had the kids of BOTH dentists, the hygienists, and secretaries. Its fun. Callum had another one of his college girlfriends over to babysit him....haha....this kid is a tru' playa'. Meryl, a recent graduate of WHS and current college student who is home on break, graciously came by to watch the little man while I was scraped and flossed. She's such a great kid, and Callum just loves her. She brought Callum an adorable little Polo shirt....he is quite the lady-killer. So that makes TWO college girlfriends for Callum....haha. I am really lucky to have taught some really wonderful young men and women. And I am even luckier at the way I get to keep in touch with them.....another perk of teaching.




More to come tomorrow......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh jared what a great blog!! thanks for taking the time to write each day in order to entertain us, inspire us, and enlighten us! You are the nicest guy ever, and you're so exceptionally cool!

Anonymous said...

Jared what a great blog!!!! Thank you for writing every day in order to entertain, inspire and enlighten us. You are truly the bomb!!!

Anonymous said...

Jared what a great blog!!!!
Thank you so much for writing every day in order to entertain us, inspire us, enlighten us and also basically give us something free to read. You am da bomb!!!

Michelle Garner said...

Hey Jared, Amanda, and Callum! Thank you so much for calling me and inviting me over for New Year's...it was very thoughtful of you, and I keep meaning to call you guys back, but it's been SO busy lately! I had Emerson all day Monday and overnight until about noon on Tuesday...then when Melissa came to get him, she was so sick with the flu that we ended up driving her and Emerson home to Pittsfield and helped them get settled there. We didn't get back until late Tuesday, and then I spent New Year's with my brother Mike and his girlfriend at their place. Between yesterday and today, I took down all of the Christmas decorations, rearranged the livingroom, and cleaned out, reorganized, and rearranged our den...the nesting is in full gear over here! It's nearly midnight, and I just finished!

Anywho, I just wanted to let you guys know that we AREN'T blowing you guys off, and we'd love to see you this weekend...Chris is off, so if you guys wanted to come over and do lunch (probably easier with Callum than doing dinner), we'd love to have you! I'll try calling you guys tomorrow...Chris will sleep until about noon anyway!

Miss you all...hope you had a great New Year's...and Jared, what a great blog! Thank you for taking the time to write every day to entertain, enlighten, and inspire us! You are truly the da bomb! :)

Unknown said...

More to come tomorrow......

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Anonymous said...

Zzzzzzzzzz........

I've been looking for something to read. First Keith & Donna don't keep up their blog, next Jon and Nacho and now you, what's going on?

I hope you can update this so I have something to read when I return to work tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

well you could start a blog.....

"Emma's emanations"

or

"Chiemiego lingo"

or

"The way things should be, with Stevee Cee"

or

"Roebling Ramblings"

Anonymous said...

Jared,
Our life isn't as interesting as your's, but I do like the "The way things should be with Steve Cee" suggestion. I would just have to post the same picture day after day of a guy in a recliner w/ an Amstel Light bottle in one hand and remote control in the other. :)