Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas time is here.....

Isnt it funny how that track from "Charlie Brown Christmas" is so popular? I mean, its like the most melancholy-Tuesday-morning-in-March-and-its-raining kind of song (that is a hyphenated modifier, and its one of the "voice" skills one can integrate into their college essays...if one was a student in my class). But Amanda loves the CD, so I deal. God knows I give HER plenty to deal with. Yesterday was nice, and Amanda, Lynne, and Callum went shopping for Christmas decorations, and I met Eric at Bee's Diner (that's the place with the bridge, Uncle Bob). I get really happy when Lynne and Amanda spend time together, and I love Eric and I's tradition of Saturday morning breakfast. At night, we had the Garner's (first time I've written that) over for supper and a Christmas movie (although we talked after dinner, and never got to the movie part). So it was a good day.

This afternoon, the Goldsmith's made their way to Norrigewock to the Christmas tree farm to....well...pick out our Christmas tree. DUH!! After cutting down the tree, we took a swing about a half mile up the road to see the Lachapelle's--it was a nice visit!

I absolutely LOVE this picture. I think I might even put it on my facebook profile, even. I'd like to have it framed--Callum and I making our way down the "snowy trail of trees." You can even see the snowflakes falling. Awesome.
"I swear I'm going to find that egg roll"
or
"Callum, get back here"
or
"This is my impression of Jay...if the tree were made of Scotch"
This is a great "name the caption" contest picture. Please...be my guest.
But I was actually cutting down the tree......
....And finally got to say TIMBER, MO'FO!


Its a great tree, and, in the 5 hours its been in our house, has proven to smell better than any tree we've had. Its in the tree stand in the living room, drinking sugared water; but we havent decorated it yet--it needs time for the branches to "lay" first. Maybe we'll do it this week. At the farm, they have a little cabin/gift shop, and Amanda picked up some pine cones to put with her pine boughs and berries in the flower boxes outside our breezeway.
And I mean it when I say that, no matter how many pretty ornaments and lights we'll put on the tree..........

It will NEVER look as beautiful as it does right above.....



Oh, and Callum enjoyed his first candy cane.......




4 comments:

Michelle Garner said...

Great pictures, guys! Congrats on getting your tree...we got ours yesterday, too. We had a great time on Saturday night - maybe someday we'll actually get around to watching that movie! :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda Pandan where is your jacket?

Great pictures! Callum is adorable (ok so are you and Amanda, Jared). How did he enjoy his first candy cane? Seeing those pictures just makes me wish I lived in Maine (ha! ha!).

I am another great fan of the Charlie Brown Christmas CD. I can't believe we forgot to play it this past Thanksgiving trip Amanda! We always play it at grandmom and grandpops.

Love to the 3 of you! Give Callum a great big kiss from us! Oh an by the way last night Emma and I were looking at your blog and Emma commented how big and cute Callum is. But the funny thing she said was "mommy Callums head is really getting bigger, he's just like Brandon now". I thought that was cute! :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, I love his little face when he's eating the candy cane!

Anonymous said...

Having Jewish blood, the caption should read I know I dropped the quater in here.