Sunday, January 4, 2009

Catching up.....

Ya know, its funny; when I DO post a blog, no one comments. But when I go on vacation for a few days, everyone pees their pants calling me, emailing me, and commenting on how I need to write more blogs. Oh well. I do need to play catch up a bit, since I was TOTALLY on vacation this week--with blogs, with exercise, etc. I enjoyed every minute of it, and now I am back in the mindset for school tomorrow. The truth is, with family and friends visiting, I just havent really felt like writing anything. And, even tonight, as I write this, I see that there arent really that many photos per se; rather, we took a lot of video over the last week (thats what she said!)

Kristin and Anthony came up last Tuesday night, and we had a great time. Anthony and I had a "guys day" where we went to the butcher shop, Hannaford, oil change place, breakfast, and Joseph's clothing so Anthony could buy a pair of boots. Later that afternoon, we went for a snowshoe across the street on some of the trails; Anthony borrowed Dana's snowshoes, and, even though they kept falling off of him, we had a nice walk in the woods. We ate a lot, played with Callum, played some games, and looked at some old pictures, which I've been trying to organize in boxes. Below, Kris and Amanda look enthralled checking out old Acadia National Park photos, shots of former holiday parties, etc.
I came across lots of old music photos, and I tried to "take pictures" of old pictures. When I was in college, and living outside Portsmouth NH, I had a pretty busy musical and performing "plate." I miss that a lot. I'd be playing out all the time, and I still consider performing live music my favorite thing in the world. Below, Lucia Nazarro (a girl with whom I used to play) Craig Werth (friend, mentor, and musical genius) and I play a live radio show in studio--we performed 1.5 hours of live sets. I love this stuff, and need to get back into it!

We also played Spinners, a really fun domino game. The Favrys just love Spinners, and we usually play it when they come up. I like the shapes it makes on the table

And on New Year's Eve (my least favorite night of the year) we had Jon and Mel over and we got Asian Cafe (of course!). We ended up playing a few rounds of Pop 5, a Cranium game, while enjoying some lovely adult beverages, buffalo chicken dip, and lots of snacks.

It was a very family filled week and I am glad. Tomorrow is back to school, although my intern will, at this point, be taking my classes for the month of January. So that will be pretty interesting for me--kind of like Tom Brady sitting out while Matt Cassel takes his position....haha. Not that I am in any way a Tom Brady....
Here are some things that we hope (and think) Callum will learn from his family and friends in 2009.....
MOM: Sewing, knitting, procrastinating
DAD: songwriting, public speaking, catastrophizing minute events
NANNIE: buying gifts that benefit some sort of cancer society, interior decorating, utilizing clubhouse spaces
PAPA GOLDSMITH: Asian menu fluency, pharmacy logistics, ball-busting
PB: Eddie Bauer product matching, condo by-law proficiency
BABS: used self help book analysis, liberal studies
GRAMMY: The pros and cons of "auto delivery," how to be believe everything you hear on Glenn Beck, puzzles
GRAMPY: How to watch the first or last 20 minutes of every movie ever made, how to make enchiladas, cheese selection science
Thats all for now....I'm tired. I want to go read or something....
your thoughts?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is Callum's photos.......

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!

Well you can all go on the Kranthony's blog to see some adorable photos of the little man.

HE IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!! I hate to brag but can't help it...

Anonymous said...

I loved your list on things we are going to teach callum. I guess I taught you well.Here are some of the things I think you will teach Callum. How to scrath his ass,How to make pickle dip, how to complain constantly, and how to taste the food on everybody else's plate.

Unknown said...

Don't forget the other great things you'll teach the boy Dad:

-sweating excessively
-driving horrendously
-packing and unpacking
-ordering wine at Town Spa

Anonymous said...

This is what I think Jared will teach Callum Stuart:

-being a great Dad
-keeping to his word
-cooking great food
-keeping the house warm (chopping firewood)
-how to laugh
-taking care of his family

Thanks, Jared, for being a such a wonderful father.

Anonymous said...

amanda that was so sweet. Thank you.

And Callum is probably already a better driver than me....I just hate driving. Driving is something I dont think I'd want to be good at...same for bowling and guitar hero....