Sunday, January 11, 2009

This blog

is boring me lately. I just dont really feel into it. But whatever. The winter blues I guess. I love the winter, mostly because I love the cold, I love the couch and the woodstove, and I love getting outside for a good snowshoe. But its hard with Callum.....not that I would trade Callum for the world! But I'm just not getting outside as much, and its getting me down. And I put my bike on its trainer, but that is CLEARLY not working....its incredibly boring, and, while fake riding today, I decided that the whole point of exercise is to be outside, get fresh air, and move around. How can staying in one place for 40 minutes be motivating or impassioning? Why, I'm no better than the morons who do the Wii Fit if I ride in place. So I guess I just need to get up earlier and get outside....Amanda got me some great winter exercise gear like ice grippers for the bottom of my sneakers (so I can run on icy roads) and "Under Armour" winter gear tops. I love cycling because I love being outside, I love moving up and down hills, and I love the scenery. Even though my basement has a cool beer bottle collection, what is the point of riding in place?

Anyway, this morning at church Callum did something funny: At our church, when people take communion, they all go up to the front, two rows at a time, and kneel on the kneerests around the altar. The pastor comes around and gives the communion host to each individual, one at a time. When the pastor came to Callum, he rested his hand on top of his head to bless him, and Callum took two swipes to try and grab the brass dish containing the "body of Christ." When that didnt work, Callum lunged his whole body, practically coming out of my arms, in a a final attempt to grab the wafers. I guess Callum really loves God....or just shiny brass things.....

After church, we came home to put together our new futon, which was delivered yesterday. Callum was all set to help with his tools.....



His new hammer is awesome, and we wouldnt have been able to put together the futon without it. Thanks Callum!



And Daddy did some of the "finer tuning" while Callum took his fourth lunch break.....notice Callum's swing in the top center of the photo. He's getting to be such a big boy, and we're already finding stuff that is "obsolete" with him. The swing is one of these things; actually, he never really was that much into the swing in the first place. Thats what she said.

Callum likes to take "thumb breaks," as we call them, where, while doing something like eating carrots or apple sauce, jumping in his jumparoo, or laughing with his mommy, he suddenly "drops" everything and sucks his thumb. He likes when you join him, and here Amanda is mimicking Callum. Obviously, Callum is very much amused. And here is the finished product. Its very comfortable on which both to sit and lie down--and its actually really really heavy! So for those of you who come up to visit, this is where you can sleep now. We gave the bed to charity. Its a nice futon.....too bad I'll never enjoy it, since its Amanda's crap (craft) room, and I can't bear to go in there with the mess.....




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... you're right Jared. Judging by the last picture of that room, it's certainly a mess! I mean, I can hardly see the floor!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I bought him the swing, glad he liked it

Anonymous said...

yeah...i'm really sorry anonymous....i cant believe i cant control the whims, likes, and dislikes of an infant....how awful...i feel so bad.....what is wrong with me!!??

Anonymous said...

Maybe if you used it he would have liked it. Looks good in corner of room though.

Anonymous said...

My favorite part is the photos of Callum...

and I can say that I did see Callum in his swing a few times. But hey what you gonna do. Can't please everyone I guess.

Anyway, again, my favorite part of the whole thing is my boy "CALLUM"....

Anonymous said...

Callum did go through a short stint where he liked his swing. It would calm him down and he fell asleep in it a few times. Some babies just don't like the swing. I've heard that from a lot of parents. oh well... maybe our next one will like it.

Before any of the grandparents ask the answer is NO, I'm not pregnant.

Anonymous said...

Jared was it Shakespeare where characters spoke a variation of "I bite my thumb at you"?

Anonymous said...

Callum is very religious, maybe he'll be a priest, jared went through that phase.

Im so excited your pregnant again Amanda, I can't wait to have another neice or nephew. Oh my stars its like a whole baseball team.

Unknown said...

Winter is incredibly depressing, I couldn't agree more. Coupled with being sick, winter getting me down and not being able to go to the gym because of being sick, I've lost close to 15 pounds.

Anonymous said...

and also, you guys had another "Christmas" this weekend at our house =)