Sunday, January 25, 2009

Beards and such.....

So I just couldnt stand the beard anymore. It was great while it lasted; it came in so handy on outdoor runs and hour-long snowshoes. But it just got to be too much. Also, I found myself constantly playing with it, which was annoying for both me and Amanda. So, after helping the Loftuses move yesterday, I came home and shaved it off. Its so weird not having anything on my face (thats what she said!). So George, the challenge has been made: Your 'stash is next, right? Anyway, here is the "before" picture, right before I shaved it off......And here is the "after."

I guess while I was in the shower, I also managed to get sweet potatoes all over my face AND change into a vest!

This was the first weekend in a great while where we literally had nothing really planned. Except for Friday night, when we took Callum to Barnes and Noble for "Pajamarama Story-time!" Here, local Skowhegan author Lynne Plourde (who wrote PIGS IN THE MUD, AT ONE IN MAINE, and A MOUNTAIN OF MITTENS) signed copies of her books, and read some of them aloud. So we got her to sign CS's copy of AT ONE IN MAINE.....and then Callum had her sign one for his new cousin--Baby Favry. Lynn seemed to really like Callum a lot....how can you blame her!? And, to sweeten the pot even more, it was teacher appreciation night, so they had me fill out a membership card to get discounts on special days, they offered me free books, coffee, pastries, etc, and they gave me 30% off my evening's purchase. What a great deal! Plus, since I am a Phi Bete, I got an extra 70% off. Except I didnt.

Here is Callum in his new high chair. Eventually (as you can see from the hooky-thingys in the back) it will fit right on one of the big-boy chairs. But first Daddy has to rig it up correctly. So, for now, we screwed the legs on, and it sits on the floor.

On Saturday, Amanda, Lynne, and Nacho went to Portland to Babies R Us to get some items for a certain someone. While they were there, I helped friend and colleague Lori Loftus move into their new house....about 4 miles away from their old house. I have a philosophy about helping people move: Always do it. The reason is because a) moving sucks, b) everyone moves, and c)you'll probably move someday and you'll need help. But it was actually pretty fun, and just one more excuse to use just about every "thats what she said" in my arsenal, as we tried to make stuff fit through tight places, packed stuff full, screwed and unscrewed items, slid things into other places, etc.
Today was a slow day. We went to church this morning, and then I actually took a nap this afternoon with Callum--well, not "with" him, but, rather, at the same time. Although, when he is a little older (like a year or so) I bet it will be fun to lie down with him and nap. Callum looked SO handsome in his vest his Nannie got him. He was a hit with all the ladies at church!

And tomorrow is Monday. Tomorrow is also the start of the second semester at WHS, which means I have two new assignments. First of all, my study hall will be replaced with "English Labs" where I will have kids assigned to my room who are failing English. The "labs" are designed to help these kids. Guidance ALMOST gave the English Dept a full day's notice that we were having these!!! (wah wah wah). Second, tomorrow begins my public speaking class, a class I love to teach because I created it from scratch. Its an elective, and I think there are about 15 or so kids taking it. This is also the final week for my intern, Alea. Then I'll be all on my own again....what will I do!!???





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grammy & Grampy,
Thank you for my new highchair! I love it and it's just the right size for me. Plus, I can sit right at the table with Mommy & Daddy AND we can bring it with us when we travel. It's the best.

Love,
Callum

Anonymous said...

Callum is so cute in his vest, he is such a big boy! Did he get any of his food in his mouth? I am sending this from my new computter at work with the 32" monitor sorry for the mistakes...i....

Anonymous said...

Few things..

A. Jared your beard is disturbing

2. Callum looks so cute in his vest. He looks about 4 years old.

C. remeber when you moved to dover and i was the ONLY one that helped, just me and you, sweet. Thanks for helping us move...oh wait...u didn't. WAH WAH WAH.

We'll talk about your comment on my blog at a later date and time. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Kristin, your point is well made, BUT.....

a. I helped you move into college when nannie and papa did not

AND

b. I came to take you out for parents weekend when mom and dad didnt come up....remember? you were so sad cuz you had no friends in college, so i took you to Outcrap steakhouse and paid like 40 dollars for chicken fingers

ALSO: I think CS looks like his mom in every one of these pictures!

Anonymous said...

Kristin, your point is well made, BUT.....

a. I helped you move into college when nannie and papa did not

AND

b. I came to take you out for parents weekend when mom and dad didnt come up....remember? you were so sad cuz you had no friends in college, so i took you to Outcrap steakhouse and paid like 40 dollars for chicken fingers

ALSO: I think CS looks like his mom in every one of these pictures!

Anonymous said...

Um actually I don't remeber any of that, I think we lived seperate childhoods. Mum and dad moved me in every year, cause dad had his wheely thing

Anonymous said...

Nannie, Um I always went to the first parents weekend at both my kids schools and I always moved and helped my kids move into college. So it must have been your other mother and father you had before us.

also, I really do notlike that beard, so i hope you did shave it off, GRISSLY ADAMS!!!! We go thru this every year....

but, I do love Callum's dirty little face and his big boy's vest and pants, i think he has grown a lot since i saw him at xmas.

and YES Jared I did travel to Maine for xmas, hmmmmmmm......

OH MY STARS!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

too much bickering....

Anonymous said...

Callum,
You look so cute sitting in your big boy highchair with food all over your face! Love it! We're so glad that you like your new chair and that you can sit with mommy and daddy. My goodness, you look so much older sitting there. Where is my "little moo"? Please don't grow to fast.