Tuesday, November 24, 2009

TSBTMATG

The-Sunday-Before-Thanksgiving-Meal-At-The-Goldsmiths, that is. Doesnt this ham look amazing?

That is because it was, if I do say so myself. And I do. (Of course) I started off with a Mellow Gold from Joseph's (as if there were another type of ham!) and rubbed it with a southwest Sauza tequila flavored rub. Then I used indirect heat to cook it on the charcoal grill (as if there is another way to cook, even!). Basically, I pushed all the coals to one side, and put the ham in a roasting pan on the other side. I threw a few chunks of maple on the hot coals, poured a cup or so of apple cider in the roasting pan, and then let chemistry work its magic. The glaze was a "whiskey-citrus" style glaze which, for now, will remain secret. Until you bribe it out of me with pale ale or egg rolls. In addition to the ham, I made my dad's famous baked beans (only, instead of salt pork, I used slab bacon from...you guessed it....Josephs). Lynne and George brought a delicious cole slaw, and we also had a great salad. Amanda baked a raspberry chocolate cake. As you can see from the pictures, there is plenty of room...so come on up and enjoy the food! Here I am with Callum, Emma, and a bunch of half stripped dining room walls.....
Ba-Ba, Michelle, Aunt June, and Emma at the "kid's table." Lynne is off in the background managing the workings of something...and George sulks because Lynne is talking again. Ha Ha!! Just kidding. Oh, and Emma is pretty gangster!

A cozy meal had by all.....
People really enjoyed the food, beer, wine, and family time. And Stevee Cee was especially impressed with the way we ate right on schedule (ha ha). I missed most of the Patriots beating up on the Jets, but it was worth it. Amanda and I love having family over for dinner.

This week, Callum and Emma have really enjoyed each other's company. Most of the day, Callum just walks around aimlessly shouting out Emma's name, as he searches for her. Emma does a really good job of playing "book" and "card" with Callum, and as you can see the two of them love to joke around. Callum enjoys staring contests, as you can see.....
Callum also has some new, random words and phrases he picked up on his own
-Aria (Lynne and George's cat)
-a-doo-doo-doo (which is his version of a rooster's "cockadoodledo!"
-bunny
-baby ah-meeal (baby oat meal, which he calls packets of sweet&low at restaurants. If you think about the logic of this, it is pretty awesome....he is used to eating instant oatmeal packets...and the little packets of sweet&low and sugar LOOK like "mini" or "baby" oatmeal packets. Do they not?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool staring contest picture. Looks like a young Robert Goulet.