Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009 (part 1)

First of all, this was an awesome weekend--we got to see a part of my family we dont often get to see, we got to dress the boys up for Halloween, we got to give out candy on one of the busiest trick or treat streets in Maine, and we got to drink Oak Pond Oktoberfest. Good stuff. Rather than write a bunch (since I have a lot of pictures to upload, and a lot to email to grandparents), I thought I would kind of let the photos speak for themselves. The above picture is of Callum (as a monkey) with Dana the pirate and The Wicked Witch of Fairfield (otherwise known as Cindy next door). Cindy always dresses up for Halloween, since it is her birthday1

We took the boys trick or treating early (about 5ish) so they could eat, and Twon and I could set up our "battle stations" to give out candy. Here's mom and Callum walking back from the Shores' house. As you can see, in the background, some other kids were starting early too! Callum is carrying his special pumpkin Nannie got him....it is a jack-o-lantern on one side, and it has his name on the other side. Fun!
If you blow this picture up, you'll see Callum looks like he is crying. That is because his "real" favorite monkey (my old roommate JR) couldnt be here. (Actually, it is because big old mean daddy just gave him his third eye drop treatment of the day.....but his conjunctivitis is clearing up nicely...)
Here's Uncle, Auntie, and "a-tin" (as Callum would say) posing for the entourage of cameras. Jackson was the cutest little swashbuckler this side of the Atlantic.
And here I am--proud daddy and Uncle. I totally blasted my bis and tris holding these two meat-monsters up all afternoon! I have to say, Jackson totally loves me....he always smiles when he sees me, and he loves to eat my nose, chin, and ear. Who could ask for anything more??
All in all, I would say we saw about three hundred trick or treaters. Probably more. From 5-8 we doled out 17 bags of candy.....tis the season.

I'll have to do a second post in a bit....

2 comments:

CC said...

Way too cute!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see more.

JR said...

Yeah, biz-natches! A shout-out to THE monkey!