Friday, December 11, 2009

eleven

We had our first big storm of 2009 on Wednesday; I had no school, and Wednesday is one of Amanda's days at home. We had a great time, bringing in the tree from the garage, putting it up, putting lights on it, watching Christmas movies, and bringing Callum over to the window to see the snow....he LOVES looking at the snow. Actually....as Papa pointed out tonight on the phone....there isnt much that Callum doesnt really like; he is pretty excited about most things. This, in turn, gets me excited about life. This one year old teaches me how to live better every day.

For dinner, I made my first toutiere pie of the season (okay...I'm Irish and Lithuanian....but 'when in Rome....'). Toutiere, you may remember from last year's writing about it, is a French Canadian pork pie. Delicious. It is HUGE up here in central Maine during the holidays. The French (and Lebanese) pretty much run the show up here. And that is fine. They are great people.

The Shores, who live next door, have a red/green/yellow lighted reindeer that sits on their lawn and blinks incessantly. Callum loves this, and thinks it is a horse. It has become routine, after dinner, for him to put him on the bench by the window so he can admire said "horse." Here, Amanda went outside to take a photo of him during the storm....



"All done......ayne-tooo! (thank you)"
Here he is looking out the dining room window, gazing at the reindeer, and lamenting on how there was no 'oon (moon) out in the 'wy' (sky). He didnt understand that it was cloudy.
Photos to come of our beautiful tree, AND the festive decorations Amanda put up...our home just personifies the Christmas spirit....nice job smalls!!

oh, and I am playing Santa tomorrow night at church.......more to come

5 comments:

ortiz said...

Callum is so cute, he needs something for his pony tail

JR said...

Party in the back!

aunt june said...

Oh, how I love that Callum!

Anonymous said...

he needs to cut his pony tail!

Anonymous said...

sorry if these comments sound rude, but I am just so unhappy with my own marriage and the relationship I have with my own kids that I feel the need to stalk other people's.