Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Stuff I forgot about to write about Christmas....

Above, Callum "starts" to get more familiar with his Coupe by pumping gas.....


Below, please check out our Advent Calendar. It is a tradition that each night we let Callum take a piece out of the "day" and place it on the Advent Calendar. As you can see, we let him place things anywhere he wants.....
Callum and his babysitter Sara, enjoying some time while mommy and daddy prepare to go have fun.....

I have a nice vacation ahead of me still, and I have actually had a very nice time thus far; today and yesterday I got to spend with Callum just having some "daddy time." We went to Mathieu's cycle to see the guys and give them some cookies Amanda had baked for her "bike boys." Yesterday, I took Callum to the State house to have lunch with his mommy (and some of mommy's old co-workers Lisa and Soumia). Callum loves going to the state house because there is a really great taxidermy display in the tunnel connecting the two parts of the state house....and there are moose and deer and bear. Although, Callum has started becoming scared of things--dead stuffed moose, the dark, glow in the dark stars, and his Cozy Coupe. Oh well. Callum and I have been CONSUMED with train stuff--playing Thomas the Train, watching Thomas the train, playing with train whistles, looking at my HO model trains, and watching videos of steam engines (particularly German ones, since those are the best).

I can't believe I forgot to mention Amanda's performance at the Christmas Eve service at church--it was a "lessons and carols" service, and Amanda sang with four others in a stunning a capella version of "Lo how a rose 'er blooming" In addition to this, she and a Messalonskee junior named Beatrice played a oboe duet to "Angels we have heard on high." I love seeing Amanda use her amazing gifts and talents which extend from music to fiber arts to baking to puzzle-doing. Great job Amanda.

Amanda and I have also been taking advantage of babysitters lately, as we have been enjoying some "Callum-free" holiday festivities. We went to a party at her boss's house last week, and tonight we are meeting some friends at Mainely Brews for some beer and more unhealthy food.

What did you all have to eat on Christmas? My culinary contributions thus far (I like cooking all throughout the holiday season) have been seafood chowder (using shrimp caught and peeled the day before Christmas eve, and crabmeat picked a week before Christmas), Toutiere Pie (a new tradition), creamed spinach, and many snacks. I havent made any beer, but we've been enjoying lots of growlers from Oak Pond Brewery.

What else are you guys up to?

4 comments:

Karen said...

I'm a little upset that you didn't ask me to babysit. Those charges were dropped, you know.

Anonymous said...

Callum should be wearing a helmet when playing in his automobile.

Anonymous said...

Better yet, wrap him in bubble wrap and stuff pillows around him when he is in his automobile.

Auntie kk said...

pretty sure you posted the same picture of callum with his scary car twice, just saying