Sunday, January 17, 2010

Laughter, hot chocolate, chil, and hills


"Hey Santa, I want the 'Good Charlotte' box set....and some Neosporin for all the self inflicted cuts on my arm....."
This was an engagement photo I found on my one my many comedy sites....she must really want the world to see the man she loves!
Dont even try....because you will never be as cool as this guy. NEVER. ever.

We spent our Saturday over at "Hargrove Hill" for Jesse and Ciara's second annual hot chocolate party--where they serve delicious "tapas" and completely homemade and exotic hot chocolates. This year was especially neat because Ciara is literally hours away from delivering their second Hargrove baby....so we all waited for her to go into labor (the sledding, interestingly enough, didnt do it!)

It is always wonderful to get together with the Hargroves, and we need to do it MUCH MUCH more. Jesse and I decided it would be fun to have "dueling chilis" to serve to the ladies at the party yesterday. The "brews" were both dynamically different, but both looked equally as beautiful in their cast iron pots, staying warm on top of the wood stove in the great room. Jesse made some type of ridiculously hot (only mildly hot to non-wusses) chili with smoked shoulder in it. I made a recipe called "Gringo Chili," which called for tomato soup instead of any crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce. I added some special seasonings, including beer and chocolate. I thought it came out pretty good!

Jesse does in fact, live atop a hill, so the three chubalicious men carved a nice sledding track down the face of it. We had a great time taking runs down the trail--Callum, though, was too scared to go down the hill with me. He has been very scared of a LOT of stuff lately (dogs, sledding, bubble baths, and other random stuff). He didnt even like ME going down the hill myself. I think he thought I was going to get hurt. He didnt even like being pulled around the "flat" ground by me. Oh well. I hope he learns to love the snow like we do! He did, in fact, love seeing Jesse's ducks and roosters--he has converted an old wood shop into a a little winter house for his fowl friends.

Hey, how bout those Jets? Still hate them...but I always love an upset.

Oh....maybe I'll post some pictures of the sledding, etc when HARGROVE puts down "The World is Flat," gets off the can, and sends me them over email (wah wah wah)

1 comment:

ortiz said...

Hey English major you spelled chili wrong!!!!